Chapter 8

Shenaya

We were watching the tv , until my phone started to ring. I was so frustrated because I lost my attention from the movie. So I answered it let all the anger to the person who was calling.

"What ? '' I shouted bringing attention of both Ashley and Cherreen who were beside me.

"Oh my god ! Little one . What was that ? Not even single Hello? Is it a bad timing ?" Ian asked me surprised from my sudden reaction.

"I'm sorry Ian. I was watching a movie. No it's not a bad time " I said quickly ashamed of my behaviour .

"No it's ok I'll talk you later. I just want to tell I came to New York last night " Ian said.

"No don't hang up. I'm sorry . So where are you now? What are you doing now?" I asked him quickly.

Yey !!!! My big bro is finally here. I can't wait to see his shocked face when he see me here.

"Well I'm still in home . I'll meet Joanna 11 . We are having a catch up lunch with my best friend and his girl. Wait! Why are you asking even? What are you planning Shenaya? Where are you now ?Tell me you are not doing anything that you will regret later. I already have a bad feeling " he asked last questioning part very quickly. It took me sometime to understand his words.

"Okay ! Okay ! One question at one time brother. Tell me where are guys going ? "
I told him.

"No. Wait ! I won't tell anything to you ,until you give me a better explanation. " Ian told me in a pouting sound. I already can picture his face. Haha .He must be cute.

"Okay! Is it your choice ? Then I won't tell you anything." I threatened him.

"We will go to R&J Backstorm Restaurant near to NYU. Now tell me what are trying to pull ? '' He said to me in a demanding tone.

"You know that card won't work with me. Thank you for the information. Bye Bye ! " I said to him while smiling and then quickly hang up.

I can already imagine his angry face.

When I looked at Cherreen and Ashley, I saw them looking at me with a questioning look.

"Okay Shenaya! It's again Ian guy right? Who is he ? You better give us a explanation now" Ashley asked me.

When I about to open my mouth to answer them , I saw the time is already 10 a.m

"Gosh! I have to be there at 11 a.m . Sorry guys ! I'll tell you everything when I come back " I said while running to my room.

I quickly get dressed and went away while saying waving my hand to Cherreen and Ashley. They are pissed at me. I can see that. I'll explain everything later. I thought while waiting for a taxi. I don't know where about of R&J Backstorm Restaurant. So I decided to tell taxi driver to take me there.

Ian Bateman is a doctor. He and his girlfriend Joanna Patrick became my friends via SNS. They practically act like they are my elder brother and elder sister , even I already have a elder sis and a bro. Well let's say it's my sis's boyfriend.But who cares ? Well Ian and Joe won't care at least.

Joe is Joanna's nickname. I gave it to her. I found her name is too long to pronounce. It makes my tongue hurt.

I won't be surprised if they want to adopt me after getting married. They want me to drag to their house. They were in a volunteer service to Africa for a month.
They don't have any clue about I'm in New York. They will surely get a heart attack seeing me in New York. I can't wait till I surprise them. Even though they are with his friends, talking with me for a minute won't kill them.

When I entered to the restaurant, I easily recognized my favorite couple. Thank god their friends are not here yet. I silently went to there table and sit beside Joe and said " Hi" to Ian.

I laughed loudly while holding my stomach until I ran out of breath when I saw their shocked expression. Ian got paled like he saw a ghost . Joe's mouth was opened and her eyes were wide opened .

"Shenaya ! Cupcake! " they both asked in the same time as soon as they got recovered from their panic attacks.

"Hey guys ! Surprise! Miss me " I said while smiling.

Quickly Joe gave me bone crushing hug while asking am I real. Ian was really shocked. I think he won't recover quickly. Finally she let me go . She was crying .

"So how was Africa ? Did you get me anything? " I asked while breaking the silent.

"Yes , we got you gifts. I parcel them to send Sri Lanka. What are you doing here ? Are you real? I still can't believe that I'm seeing you in front of me . Tell me everything. " Ian finally said .

I explained everything to them about my scholarship and everything .They were really surprised.

"Okay! Give me your address, your roommate's numbers and your boss' s name and phone number . I'll check everything and I want to make sure you are safe" Ian told me.

I frowned when he said that and looked at Joe hopefully she can tame him.

"No way . Shenaya give him every detail he wants. We have to take care of you while you are in New York. Just let us do that okay . We won't inward your privacy okay " Joe said to me making me disappointed.

"Okay fine. Here you go. I want to go now. Let's catch up later. My roommates are waiting for me" I told them and give them the contact information.

"What ? No way ! Join with us to have lunch " Ian said.

"Yes way brother ! I'm not going to interrupt your friendly get together and I don't want to sit with strangers. I'm leaving. I'll call you guys. Bye Bye" I told to them.

"And I don't want to become an aunt this year " I said to them while waving at them.

When I was leaving I saw someone who is similar to Keil He was with a beautiful girl.

I'm seeing everyone look alike Keil. My mind is going crazy for sure. I don't even know him. Who knows he may have a girlfriend !

I went to our dorm and saw Ashley and Cherreen were waiting for my arrival like I guess before.

"Well here is our cupcake! Tell us everything now. Don't you dare to hide anything " Cherreen said to me and Ashley grabbed my hand and made me to sit on the sofa next to them.

I told everything about Ian and Jo to them.

"Oh! is that so ? Thank god he has a girlfriend. If not , Keil's poor heart would break in to tiny pieces " Ashley said while weeping her crocodile tears.

"Drama queen. Ian having a girlfriend and Keil's heart breaking. Those facts don't even match. " I said to her.

"Let's see. Let's see. God don't let this girl to break that poor boy's heart " this time it's Cherreen.

"Cherreen you are cheating. You can't team up with her against me " I said hugging Cherreen tightly.

"Let go. I can't breathe. Ashley and I would make a great team. Long live for Shekeil " Cherreen said high fiving with Ashley.

I just let them be. By the way I like that name . Shekeil it sounds nice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you will enjoy this chapter.
Vote and comment.

Thank you for the 'Shekeil' name Ama.