Chapter 42

Shenaya

"I want to thank you for coming to America . To our lives and accepting our scholarship " Mr.Backstorm said . What the ? I looked at him like an idiot. I mean I didn't expect this.

" I didn't do anything Mr.Backstorm. I don't know why you are thanking me ?"

"You don't understand. I thank heaven for sending you for Keil's life . He is a changed man now " he said lowly. Is he going to cry ? Please no . I'm really awkward at comforting other people.

"Keil changed himself. It's not my work "I tried to make him understand.

"No . He is trying to become a changed person for you . He wants to become the person who you deserve. Everyone can see that "

"Keil was always our family's black sheep . I mean since he is the youngest Backstorm every one babied him . Corl and he always welcomed troubles no matter where they are . It's like trouble find him . I and Eliz always spoiled him since he left no one . We tried hard for him . Sometimes I forgot my own kids . He always has a special space in our heart . When he become a teenager things got slightly bad . He only got into fights never drink alcohol . It was like he already knew we hide something from him . He slowly distanced himself from us . "

"I don't know why I decided to hide about his parents from him. I was selfish. I know that . I love him like my own . I didn't want to let him go . After hearing our conversation he was furious. He kept getting drunk and got into fights . He ended up in police many times . He was rebel. He only shared few words with Twins and Eliz . He distanced himself from his friends too . Only his few friends and Corl hold into him . He is stubborn just like his dad . I didn't know what to do with him "

"I was so happy since he got into NYU . But he started to miss so many classes . He was trying hard to punish me . Then you came here . One of my best decision I took in my life is your scholarship. The day after you came here he came home completely sober . I wanted to know the reason for his sudden change . I get to know about you . He was so excited to attend University . Things got better until my reckless decision . He moved out and put a barrier between him and us . He refused to talk with twins " he paused and drank water . I didn't notice that I stopped eating too .

"I'm not saying I'm happy that you got into a accident. But he talked with me that night . I'm grateful for you for giving me that chance . Maybe he wanted someone with him. I was so happy at least he listened to me and had a decent conversation after many years . He promised he would think about the business too . I have no words to express how much I'm thankful for you . Thank you for loving my boy . You are the one who have that honor. Thank you Shenaya . Thank you so much . It's not like I'm trying to mingle with your business but I'll be honored to meet your family as Keil's parent" he is implying the marriage . Oh my god, I'm only 22 . I nodded but didn't say anything.

"When I came earlier I didn't think Keil would let me talk to you alone . Old Keil would never let that . He just walk away . I was so surprised with his new behavior " well , I was surprised too.

"I kick him out to go home . I heard he didn't go home since the accident . He is injured too. He should get refreshed and have a break from me " I said quietly.

" It's good .His therapy session must be good " he replied.

"Did Keil told you about that ? "I asked him .

"No Shenaya . Did you think I would let him go ? He is the only piece I have for my brother . I used a private investigator to stalk him . I thought he would become worse after he left home "he explained. Oh, rich people.

"I think you guys should take off this semester and pay a early visit to your country . You should take rest " he said .

"But Mr.Backstorm you have to pay another semester " I'm sure Chae and Ash would want this semester off too if I'm not going . It's too much money .