Chapter 30

Shenaya

We dropped Cherreen in front of Corl's house. Kevin and I are on the way to Keil's house . I was nervous as hell. What if he is not there ? What if he won't let me in ? What if ....

"Don't over think Shenaya. He would let you in . I'm sure. " Kevin interrupted my thoughts. Cherreen and he told it many times. But anything can happen right ?

After an hour Kevin parked the car in front of house. It was cream and brown with a big garden 2 stories house. It didn't look like a abandon house.

"I'll wait here . This is his medicine. Let's give it a try " Kevin encouraged me. I opened the door with trembling fingers . It was snowing hard and already starting to get dark.

I walked to the door and ring the bell . I waited patiently. I ring the bell many times . But no one answered. May be my guess is wrong ? I looked around nervously .Kevin was watching me .I saw Keil's bike parked in the garden . I sighed in relief . He is inside.

I ring the bell again . I heard someone was approaching. I bite my lips . I felt all the courage I had before vanishing from me.

The door swang open revealing angry looking Keil . He looked surprise seeing me in the door. He looked pale . I'm sure he was tired and eye bags under his eyes like he didn't sleep for a week. He was wearing sweat pants and jersy . Of course all black. I was so relieved to see him in one piece.

We were looking each othe without breaking the eye contact. Keil opened his mouth to say something but closed it when he looked behind me. I looked back. Kevin was out of his car .

Keil pulled me inside and slamed the door. I was nervous.

"I- I'm sorry for the slap " I said quickly before Keil say something. Keil didn't say anything but stared at me like before. He blinked several times and grabbed me and hug me tightly. I was crashed into his chest tightly. I struggled hard on his grip.

"Can't. I can't breathe " I managed to say before I choked . He let me go quickly and apologize me .

"I miss you " he said sadly .

" If that's the case , why didn't you call or come to see me ? "I crossed my hands on the chest while trying hard to be bold.

"I was afraid. Not afraid but ashamed of my actions "he said slowly. But he never break the eye contact.

" You owe me a big explanation. Aren't you Juanito boy ?" I asked trying to break the icy air between us .

"Let's sit then . Want me make something for you ?" He asked rubbing his neck like old times. Old Keil is back.

"Sure . Try not to poison it "I teased him. I looked around the living room. Keil was no longer seen . Many boxes were on the floor . Few were opened. New furniture sets .

Keil came and handed me a hot mug. It was hot chocolate. He had a one too.

"What's happening? " I asked him pointing the things on the floor.

"I'm moving here "He shrugged it like nothing .

"What? Why ?" I was so shocked. But Keil was calm .

He sat down on the L shape sofa motioning me to sit beside him. I sat beside him and waited till his side story.Keil let a deep breath before starting.

" I told you my parents died when I was one month old. Well , the person who gave you a scholarship is my dad's elder brother. After my parents death, they adopted me " He paused and take a long breath and continued.