Chapter 5

M A Y A

M A Y A

I'm pregnant.

I really am.

This is happening.

This is happening.

I blink a few times, trying to decide
wether this was just in my head or what. But, every time my eyes blinked open the two positive pregnancy test stared back at me. They were in my hands, looking straight back at me.

I let out a huge breath. Wow, this is really happening. I have a child in me. In a matter of months I'll be a mother.

I hear a door open at a distance, and quickly stuff the tests back in the mattress. I hop in my bed and try to act as relaxed as possible. Well, as normal as a teen who found out she's pregnant from a drunken one night stand she can barely remember...

The next morning, I wake up earlier than usual for school. I mainly just stirred in bed all night, I couldn't sleep. I brush my teeth, then wash my face to wake myself up. When I remove my clothes, I stop to look at my abdomen. I stare at it, contemplating that there's a very tiny fetus inside of me.

...

I throw on a loose, long sleeve mustard colored top, some light denim jeans, and tan colored booties. I leave my hair in its naturally wavy form, but take the two front strands and pin them back.

Before I leave I grab some money, my phone, and my keys. As soon as I step out of my apartment I receive a text.

We need to talk.

I already knew who it was...

During the subway ride Riley tells me all about the date. She says it was something out of a movie, and she can't believe it happened at all. She says Lucas was beyond charming, and they even held hands and kissed in the end.

"Sounds like something out of a rom com," I chuckle. "The Sunshine City Girl and The Bucky Mc'Boing-Boing."

"Maya," Riley scolds at the nickname, but then bursts out laughing. I join her while people stare at us like we're crazy.

The subway drops us off at the station, and Riley and I make our way to school. With arms linked, we make our way to our lockers. I leave Riley at hers, and Ranger Rick comes by so I leave to give them privacy.

I go over to my locker, and forma few feet I notice him standing there. His blue eyes pierce into my own, and before anything else could happen I run over to the nearest bathroom down the hall. I kneel before the nearest toilet and vomit my dinner from last night. After a few seconds I stand up, and wash my hands.

"Maya, wait." I hear him say as I step out of the bathroom.

"What?" I rudely ask, not turning to face him.

"We need to talk. What's going on?" He comes, stepping in front of me.

"Nothing," I keep my eyes glued to the floor.

"I'll meet you at the local cafe. Is 4 okay?"

I shake my head.

"There's nothing for us to talk about."

And with that I leave him standing there.

That afternoon after school the gang wanted to hang out at Topanga's and even though I wasn't up for it I went. I'm beginning to realize that I need my friends to support me through this, even if they don't know it.

"Maya," a hand is placed on mine. I look up to see Riley. "You okay? You keep spacing out on us." Now I notice everyone is looking at me except him.

"I'm fine," I add a small smile to play it off. Conversations were brought up again.

"Zay, the party you threw was amazing," Smackle complemented.

"Yeah, I had a great time." Lucas nodded.

"It was the best party ever-" Riley sighed. "Well, the only party I've ever been to but it was awesome."

"Thanks, I think I'll throw another right before prom. What'd ya think?"

"Sure!" They all reassured, except me and him. I nodded a couple seconds later playing it off.

I got home an hour later. On the way home I stopped at a local restaurant and threw up in a bathroom stall. Riley had waited outside the restroom for me, I assume she didn't hear me vomit.

"Let's go," I said as I walk out of the stall. The smell of food making me make a face.

"It smells so god in here, doesn't it?" Riley asked as we stepped out.

"Sure," I murmured.

"Maya, you seem off again," Riley began. "Tell me what's bothering you, won't you?"

"Riles, I'm fine." I sigh. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"Okay...what's going through your mind?" She asks as a light breeze brushes past us. I breathe the fresh air, instantly feeling better and no longer nauseous. I should probably take walks more often.

"Nothing...the usual." I shrug, because being pregnant at 17 is usual.

"You know that you can always count on me, peaches. Right?" She asks, placing a comforting hand on right my shoulder.

"Yes, Riles. Thank you."

Hey there, lovelies!

This chapter was kinda sucky, but bare with me! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more 😊.

Comment down below who you think the father of Maya's baby is? 👀