Chapter 31

M A Y A

"He's staying with his father," Smackle finally tells me, and I sigh in relief. I begin to put on my coat and get the keys to the apartment.

"Thank you, Smackle." I tell her, even if I'm angry at her for screwing things up even farther with Farkle, I'm glad she told me where he is and that she admitted to her mistake.

"Riley!" I call and Riley and Lucas rush out with baby Evie.

"Yes, Maya?"

"Take care of her." I say briefly, not going into details. Before I leave I plant a kiss on my daughter's forehead, and whisper softly to her:

"Daddy will come home soon."

           _____________________

F A R K L E

"Why are you like this?" My father's eyes narrow at me as we step out of the restaurant.

"I just want to go home." I say as calmly as possible.

"I'm doing all I can to help you succeed, and you seem like you don't want this anymore!" He complaints.

"I do," I state. "I just wish I didn't have to go all the way across the world to do so!"

"You know why!" He spits out. "That girl was going to ruin you!"

"I want to go to her." I speak.

"No!"

"I will go to Maya." I say firmly, looking into his eyes. I am done trying to please my father when he couldn't care less about what I want. "I need answers, I need closure in order to move on. I still love her, and I can't go on not knowing why."

"That girl is nothing but a gold-digging no body! She's tricked you, and I can not believe you are stupid enough to insist on going back to this girl!" My father shouts, people are starting to look, but I myself couldn't care less.

"I love her!" I shout. 

"Well, we cant say the same for her about you. You remember that big check I wrote out to her and she took? She had no problem taking it, and restarting her life with the next unfortunate young male in her path!" He continues to argue. He just won't drop this, would he? He insists in keeping me from her, but that only makes me want to figure out why more.

"I'm going to go find Maya."

"Don't bother coming home if you decide that!" He screams after me. I smile at my act of rebellion and at the excitement I feel that I'll get to finally see the girl I love.

                 __________________

M A Y A

I ran out of my apartment, ready to finally see Farkle again. The night breeze tickled at my hands and fingers, and I smiled to myself realizing I'm closer than ever to finding Farkle.

The past year has been tough. Having a child so young isn't easy, and specially not having the father there with you makes it even more. I had Riley, and a bunch of others, but the one that counted the most wasn't there. I felt alone, and broken. The only thing that kept me going was my little girl, and of course the hope of him coming back to me.

And he is now.

         ______________________

I ran into Farkle's apartment, and took the elevator up to the tenth floor. I fiddled with my fingers, and a smile crept up as the elevator went up and up. I was beyond excited when the elevator doors opened.

But all I saw was that evil man again.

"Stubborn," his lips curl up into a devil like smile as he paces in front of me. The elevator goes down, and I wish I had gone down with it. "Stubborn, stubborn, stubborn."

I remain quiet.

"After all of this time you're still chasing my son." He tells me, his voice revealing the anger that has been building itself within him for the past year. "What's it going to take?"

He paces in a circle around me. "Another check?"

"How much do you want this time? Seems like 20,000 wasn't enough for you."

"I don't want your money!" I speak. "I don't need your money!"

"Then why are you here? It better not be to see my son."

"I'm here to see Farkle." I confirm. "He deserves to know the truth."

"What truth? He knows all he needs to know." Mr. Minkus smirks. "He's moved on with his life, and I suggest you do the same."

"We'll see about that, sir." I say as I press the elevator button and get inside of it, going out into the world to find my boy.

______________________

F A R K L E

Here I am, standing in front of Maya's apartment. I bring my hand up to knock, and I find myself smiling when I do. I'm excited to see Maya, and to fix things with her.

"Hey-" Riley cuts herself off, as she sees me. Her eyes go wide, and her mouth hangs open.

"So..." I say after a couple of seconds. "Are you just going to stand there or-"

"AAAAHH!" She screams as she jumps up and down excitedly. She attacks me with a giant hug, and I hold her tight to me. I never knew how much I've missed her until I actually saw her now. I already feel at home, just seeing my friends again.

"What's wrong?!! I just put Evie down for a nap-" Lucas cuts himself off as he sees me at the door, his reaction matching Riley's.

"Farkie!" Lucas whisper yells, as he also jumps on top of me making Riley and I fall down. We laugh and have a group His then get up from the floor.

"We missed ya around here," Riley pouts, giving me another hug.

"I missed you all too," I say, giving a really big smile.

"Did you happen to see Maya?" Lucas asked, and I shake my head.

"She went to find you," Riley explains, knitting her eyebrows up in worry. "She hasn't been back."

"She's probably on her way back." Lucas comforts, rubbing Riley's back.

"I hope so," I murmur, and we patiently wait for Maya, talking in hushed voices in order not to awake the baby I yet haven't met.

"So, Maya had her baby." I say and receive happy nods from both Riley and Lucas.

"It's a girl," Lucas smiles, and I bring myself to smile.

"She looks just like you," Riley tells me, placing her hand over mine, taking her thumb and caressing my hand in a friendly way.

"W-what?" I say highly confused.

Riley nods, frowning a bit at my confusion. "Who else would she look like?"

"Like Lucas," I say. "Isn't he the father?"

Lucas and Riley shake their head in unison and both say, "Why would you think that?"

"You guys have a lot to explain," I sigh, and they nod.

Hey, darlings!

Im so glad to be updating for you all! I hope you are all having a fantastic week, and I'll see you all next time!💓

•comment!

•share!

&

•vote!