Part 54

3 R D  P E R S O N

3 R D P E R S O N

"Stop!"

Riley pushes Zay back before their lips can touch. She looks at him and thinks about how she'd thought Zay had feelings for her this whole time. Looks like he moved on from Maya after all.

"Zay, w-we can't!" She shakes her head. "Look at where all these hook ups have gotten our friendships. I don't want to be like Smackle and Lucas all over again."

"It's not like that, Riley!" Zay quickly said. "I love you, and you're not with Lucas anymore."

"And I love Lucas, and who knows maybe we will get back together ?" Riley told him. Zay frowned, and scoffed.

"Are you really going to take him back after what he did?" Riley nodded in response. "Specially since Smackle could possibly be pregnant? Even then?"

Riley's eyes went wide at his words. She turned to him, not believing the words he had spoken. "Zay, what are you saying?"

"Smackle could be pregnant, Riley. Lucas and her were drunk and I'm sure they didn't use protection." Zay replies, he wished he could have not said that, but still did because the girl he loved was rejecting him for his dead beat best friend. How could Riley still like him? Specially now with this possible baby on the way..

"Oh, God!" Riley was starting to feel sick. She remembered how Maya had to stop by the pharmacy earlier and it didn't take a genius to put two and two together.

"Riley, calm down!" Zay rushes to her side, holding her weak body up and helping her lay back on her bed. Riley laid there emotionless and Zay maintained some distance, but remained with her. It was more than evident that his stupid confession had hurt her even deeper than Lucas and Smackle cheating. And looking at her in this state made him really feel for her because ..... well, let's just say Riley would have a cute, wailing, drooling reminder of what had happened that night a month before.

M A Y A

"Ready?" I ask as Smackle and I enter the hospital. She nods and we cross the sliding door and I wait as she signs in. I look around, remembering when my mom had came with me to my first check up.

"Are you sure you don't want Lucas to come?" I ask Smackle again. She shakes her head and fiddles with the hem of her white sweater.

"I haven't even told him about the baby," She explains.

"You what —"

"Isadora Smackle." The nurse comes in just in time to cut me off. We stand and she guides us to the familiar small room. Smackle is instructed to lay down, and she folds her hands over her stomach with trembling hands. I smile down at her constantly to loosen up her nerves but she's extremely nervous. This must be all so surreal to her as it was for me.