Chapter 13

M A Y A

M A Y A

Everything happened so fast. Next thing I know I'm running after Josh, the person who is supposed to be my soulmate. The love of my life. My someday.

"Josh!" I call after him, running after him as well as I could on these stupid heels. "Hold on! I can explain!"

"What's there to explain, Maya?" He asks, a sarcastic chuckle escaping his lips. "You're pregnant...with Farkle's child."

"I am," I say softly, hiding the desperation in my voice. "I am. And I was stupid and careless whatever you want to call it. This is all crazy, and I'm confused about at lot nowadays, but there's one thing I'm sure of..."

I look up into his blue, tears orbs holding his hands in mine. "I want someday."

"I want it too," he nodded tears escaping his eyes. "Maya, I know you're used to making reckless decisions. I've always admired you for doing what you wanted. But this...this is unbelievable. I thought you liked me."

"Josh, I love you!" I confessed, almost on the verge of screaming it to the world. 

Josh shakes his head. "You don't. There's living proof inside of you that you don't."

"This was all a drunken mistake!" I explain. "This baby was not purposely conceived. It was an accident!"

"I do love you!" I raised my voice this time. The tears kept rolling down one after the other. His words hit me like slaps across the face. "I love you, and I want to be with you if you let me."

"No," he refuses, making my heart shatter into tinier pieces. "What you need to do is focus on the baby you and Farkle are going to bring into this world."

"Josh.." I began to sob as I held onto him. His arms stayed at his sides but I could feel his tears on the crown of my head. "Please don't leave..."

I turn my gaze up to meet his. "Don't leave..."

He manages his way out of my embrace. "Maya, go."

"What?"

"I said 'go'."

"You don't mean that-.."

"No, I do! I absolutely do."

"Josh-.."

"Don't make things harder than they have to be."

"I'm not!"

"You family, your best friend, and the father of your child wait for you inside."

"But I love you! I don't want to see you leave!"

"Maya, you don't!" He holds my shoulders and pierced trough me with those eyes. I can tell he's deeply hurt and angry with me for doing this to him. To us.

"I thought you were the one I lost my virginity to, Josh!" I say, and his eyes soften a bit. "Then I discovered it was Farkle the next morning...I gave myself to Farkle because I thought he was you."

He releases the grip his hands have on my shoulders. I breathe in between the sobs. He stares at the ground for a second analyzing the information I'd just told him.

"I would never lay my hands on you like that, Maya. I'd wait for you, Id wait forever if I have to. I wouldn't have rushed into things with you. You out of all people should know I wouldn't take your virginity out of the blue." I nod, realizing that I'd realized this a tad too late. "I wouldn't take advantage of the fact that we were both drunk and leave you pregnant."

"I'm sorry," I croak out. "I'm sorry. That's all I can say. I can't turn back time and undo what's already done. I wish I could. I simply can't. I just hope one day you can forgive me and we can move past this."

Josh nods. "Me too, Maya."

With that he leaves...

....

Sooooo.....

That's that.

What did you guys think about Maya and Josh's argument?

Will they remain like this?

Or

Will they have their someday?

•comment!

•vote!

&

•share!