Part 60

M A Y A

M A Y A

I sat at Farkle's desk, Riley sat on the carpet, making notes on a pad as we talked out the baby shower plans. Everything from food, drinks, entertainments, and the invitation list was being talked about. We've been at it for the last two hours, and for some odd reason Evie won't stop wailing.

"SHUT UP." I told her, as a desperate Farkle came out of the nursery, looking tired and with messy hair. She didn't let us sleep last night.

"Just stuff her mouth with your lady melons, and call it a day!" Riley suggested, placing on headphones after. Farkle held out Evie and I sighed as I picked her up for the hundredth time today. Her cries were only adding on to the stress of the planning, and I'm all over the place too.

"You wanna know something? ...at times like these I wish I could just shove you up where you came from," I admitted as I lifted my shirt, and latched her on. She kept crying and I tried to reposition her, on latch her on to the other one too, but nothing seemed to work. Riley held her and rubbed her back, which usually calms her, but not this time. I felt her hands and feet to see if she was heating up, and then we had to resort to the last thing: the thermostat.

"Oh, I don't think I can do this!" Farkle mumbled nervously, Riley was undoing the baby's diaper. Once that was done I flipped her, so she was on her tummy. "Isn't this like rape, or something?"

"No,it's called taking an accurate temperature. Riles, please get the Vaseline." Riley nodded and went to my room to get some. Farkle looked at me nervously as Riley rubbed some on the tip of the thermostat.

"I didn't sign up for this!" Farkle whined. "Why can't Riley do it!?"

"Because I'm just Aunt-Riley, and you are Fatherkle." Riley explained, handing him the thermostat.

"And Momaya is tired, busy baby shower planing, and has sore nipples--now get to it!" I spoke before he could bring me up. Riley and I smiled at him in defeat and Farkle sighed.

"Let me get those for you," Riley said politely as she used her hands to spread the butt cheeks. "Oh, they are so soft! No wonder people always say 'soft like a baby's bottom' all the time! And they're so plump too!"

"She gets that from her mama," Farkle smiled at me and Riley gagged. "What? it's true!"

"Just stick the thermostat in, so we can shut her up once and for all!" I pleaded, and Farkle gulped. The thermostat was a few centimeters away from her butt when I felt a wet pain on my thigh.

"OW!"

"It's in! It's in! I put it in, Maya!" Farkle exclaimed happily. I drew out the thermostat after and her temperature was okay, it showed no signs of fever.