Chapter 30

F A R K L E

Life has been great so far. New house. New car. New business.

All that my dad said it would be if I never returned to New York or had no contact with my old friends.

I have friends now, ones I met around in college and others I met at sorority parties. I get invited to all of them. Apparently, when your parent(s) has a lot of money, you are considered cool alone by that. Crazy, huh?

Last I heard from New York was that Maya had a gender reveal. I heard Lucas is the actual father of the baby, which Smackle confirmed when she sent a picture of them snuggling at the gender reveal. All feelings I had for Maya died right then and there. She almost tricked me into being responsible for a child that isn't mine.

She is yours.

I shake the thought away. My brain tells me this whenever I think of Maya and her baby. I'm certain Maya had a girl even though it wasn't confirmed.

"Flight 345 with destination to New York City now boarding!"

However I will find out soon when I board this plane to New York.

______________________

M A Y A

September

Today Baby Evie turns five months old. I've just finished my part time shift at Topanga's and I'm so excited to get to see my baby girl. I miss her so much when im away, it's unbelievable. Really.

"Peaches!" Riley announces.

"Howdey!" I exclaim as I step into my apartment. Riley and Lucas look up at me, and baby Evie is laying on the play mat in front of them. I take off my coat, and shoes and run over to her.

"Hey, Shortstack!" Lucas greets.

I take a seat next to Lucas as Riley hands over Evie. Once Evie sees me she kicks her tiny legs about excitedly and smiles really big.

"Hi, little one!" I say as I take her in my arms.

"She was so good today," Riley says as she begins to pick some of her teething toys up.

"No," Lucas interjects. "She threw up on me!"

Evie giggles.

"You think throwing up on Lucas is funny, huh?" I ask her and she laughs.

"Mama thinks so too!" I add and tickle her tummy a little, while Lucas crosses his arms.

There was a knock at the door and Lucas volunteers to go get it.

"Um, Maya." He says as he stands of to the side, revealing Smackle at the door.

        ______________________

F A R K L E

"Hello, son!" My dad engulfs me in a hug and lightly pats my back.

"Hey, dad." I say giving him a toothless smile.

"Let's get home, shall we?"

       _______________________

After stopping by to drop off the luggage we make our way downtown to a fancy restaurant for lunch. We both order our food and a couple of minutes it gets here. As we begin to eat my dad attempts to make small talk.

"How's London been?" He asks, taking a sip of his wine.

"Pretty good," I stir the noodles on my plate about, not feeling very hungry.