Part 45

M A Y A

"Philadelphia! Really, Josh?" Maya exclaimed as she entered. Josh looks up from a sleeping pile of kids and Evie in his arms.

"Shh," He hushes and motions towards the sleeping kids. He set Evie down in her carry on. "I'm sorry, Maya but I really couldn't say anything."

"But I'm her best friend, you know Riley needs me." Maya protested. "This is why we don't get along."

"We're getting along just fine." Josh defended.

"Not now. What kind of friend are you?"

"I'm an uncle, and a lover not a friend." He tells me, and my heart beat a little plastic at the word 'lover'. The old Maya must be jumping from joy inside of me.

"I can't believe she's been in Philadelphia all this time," I sigh. "You need to help me get down there."

"Maya-"

The door bell rang and I looked at my phone screen, Topanga and Corey wouldn't be home for another 30 minutes, so it couldn't be them. I gave Josh a 'we will talk later' look and went to get the door.

"Farkle," My lips purse as I say his name. It's been almost four days since I moved out, and I hadn't seen him since. He would text asking about Evie, and occasionally called to talk to her but that's it.

"What's he doing here?" He asked.

"Well hello to you too," Josh stood from his seat on the couch. I saw Farkle's eyes dart to Evie, who was right beneath Josh.

"Why is he with my daughter?" Farkle questioned angrily.

"She's our daughter, and I trusted him with her." I cross my arms defensively.

"Fine." Farkle grunted. "I'm not here to argue about him, I'm here to talk to you."

"Come in," I step aside and shut the door after Farkle.

"I want you guys to move back in," Farkle spoke as soon as we sat on the couch.

"W-what?" Josh and I both asked in unison, although mine was a surprised tone and his an angry one.

"I made a huge mistake, and you were right. I shouldn't put my reputation above you guys. I don't need to worry about if people think we are doing things right or not, because we are doing them our way and that's all that matters." Farkle explains. I was glad to hear that he had finally opened his eyes, but at the same time I'm upset because he thinks he can just come back in and pretend like everything will go back to normal.

"I'm glad you realized that. But, you still hurt my feelings and that doesn't change." I speak lowly.

"I know it doesn't, but moving back in would be a great start." Farkle takes my hand in his, my heart flutters at his touch. "Please?"

"I'll take you up on that," I simply say. Farkle smiles and Josh looks at me and I can see the hurt in his eyes. "But only if we remain as friends."

"W-What?" Farkle's smile drops.

"Yes, Farkle. And consider yourself lucky because you not only kicked me out, but you knew about Riley and still rubbed it in my face that I hadn't said goodbye to her. How could you keep something like that from me?"

"Riley asked me to." Farkle looked down at his shoes. "I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to."

"Oh, please. It's not like Riley held a gun to your head and threatened to kill you if you had told me. Besides, I'm her best friend. If anyone has the right to know it is me." I say frustratingly.

"Josh knew too," Farkle points out.

"Yes, and since you both kept this from me I thought of a way you could both make it up to me..." They both have their eyes glued on me and I looked in between them as I said: "Farkle you stay here in New York with Evie and watch her. Josh, you come with me to Philadelphia and help me get Riley back home."