Chapter 21

M A Y A

On my way back to my apartment, I began to feel a strange sensation in my stomach. I stopped in the middle of the pavement, people brushing past me. I felt little tapings, really light sensations at first, and then they became heavier. I placed my hand over my stomach.

"Are you okay?" A curly headed woman in light blue scrubs approached me. "Is there something wrong?"

"N-no," I shake my head, she looked down at my lower abdomen. "I'm pregnant."

"I know," she chuckles. "I can tell by how your lower region pokes out."

Before I could answer, I felt the taping all over again.

"What is it?" The lady asks concerned.

"There's like a swooshing tapping sensation," I explain, the lady seems to ponder for a bit.

"Are you 4 months along?" She questions, I nod. "Then you are sensing your fetus's first movements."

I smile happily. "Really?"

She nods. "Truly fascinating, isn't it?"

I nod and laugh happily.

"Now that I know you are okay, I should continue. I have to catch the subway home,"

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." I smile at her one last time, and she turns away waving me goodbye.

Before I feel my baby moving around again, I speed walk over back to where I had left Farkle just a couple of ten minutes ago. I look frantically about, trying to catch a glimpse of the brunette haired, blue eyed boy I'm searching for among what seems like thousands of people. I make my way though them murmuring my excuse me's.

My calves began to burn from walking so fast. I take a small break, also catching my breath. My hands fell upon my knees and I bent over, trying so hard to stop my hyperventilating.

I continued, my steps became faster and shorter, helping me walk at a very much faster speed. I scanned every corner of Manhattan in search for Farkle. As I came upon the corner of a pavement I saw him a few feet ahead. I grew frantic and smiled to myself as I walked after and faster.

"Farkle!" I called, a few steps behind him. He turned to face me, and when he saw me his face softened and he rushed over.

"I though you were on your way home," He admits, a light smirk on his face.

I shake my head. "I can't bring myself to leave you."

He smiles triumphant.

"I have something to tell— well, show— I have something to show you,"

Rain drops began to lightly drizzled from the gray sky, and I could feel my daughter start to stir about inside me.

"What is it?" Farkle inquires, and I take his hand and place it awkwardly on my lower abdomen.

"Maya—" Before He has the chance to say anything else, our daughter kicks. Slightly but surely. Farkle's eyes widen, and water all the same. His mouth is wide opened in shock, and the corners of his lips twitch up into a happy smile.

"You feel it?" I question. "Our daughter is moving!"

"I know, I feel it." Farkle's eyes sparkle down at me. "I feel her tiny kicks."

"I felt it for the first time a couple of minutes after I had walked away from you. I went back to try to find you, I ran and walked—"

Farkle brings me in for a joy filled, passionate kiss in the rain. Our lips move perfectly in sinc, the familiar swarm of butterflies and a couple of tiny kicks invade my stomach. He hugs me tight against him, his body radiating much needed warmth in the freezing drizzle.

"I'm glad I found you," I went on.

"I'm glad you found me," He states, connecting our lips once again.

..........

Here it is lovelies!

Happy Friday to all, and thanks for reading!

What did you all think about Maya feeling her baby kick for the first time?

•comment

•vote

&

•share