Chapter 14

THIS CHAPTER IS A BIT EXPLICIT , IF YOU'D LIKE SKIP DOWN TO THE END OF THE FLASHBACK AND READ FROM THERE! -Author

F A R K L E

*flashback*

I'd had more than a couple ten cups of beer. My body had finally began to relax and I began to feel myself calm down and forget the fact that Smackle was across the room; some strange guy speaking to her as she would nod or smile up at him. I hated her for the fact that she had begun to restart her life so easily after our break up. I hated myself for sulking over her as she did so.

A couple of shots later I found myself feeling a little sleepy, and that's when Riley grabbed me by my arm and we began to dance to the rhythm of the pop song that was playing. My body felt free, like I was floating on air. My mind was blank, I had no thoughts floating through my head right now. I began to smile, the feeling that roamed my body filling me up with pure nirvana. Riley grabbed my arms dancing along with me, and I could hear her laugh as we did so. She was probably laughing at me since I'm a terrible dancer, but who cares, right?

A slow song began to play, and Lucas asked Riley to dance. Riley rapidly nodded, and he took her hand leading her away from me. I felt a sudden urge to pee and I began to make my way past the drunken, sweaty and hormonal teenagers that filled Zay's home. Eventually I reached a door, and opened it. Darkness took me in and I flicked on the light and to my surprise I had indeed reached the bathroom.

A minute or two later I was back by the kitchen, pouring myself a bother cup of the bubbly beer. I chugged it down, and then after that everything was a blur.

Somewhere in the midst of all of this, I saw blue orbs starring at me. Her hand reached out for mine, and she was awfully giggly. I assumed that we must've had a couple cups of beer as well. At first we were just dancing, and then our bodies came closer. The electric feeling running through me was mesmerizing. I assumed it was the fact that the alcohol was beginning to have a different reaction on my system, and that Maya was not making me feel such things.

With half shut eyes I felt a tugging in my arm and then I felt a breeze past through me.

"W-where ...are we ...g-going?" I managed to say.

"I want to go somewhere private," Maya giggled. I followed as she lead me to wherever somewhere private is. I found myself starring at the building in which I lived. Somehow Maya had managed to walk me thirty minutes away from Zay's house in the middle of the night.

So we went upstairs. Maya giggled the whole way up the elevator and I laughed too, with eyes half shut. Once again Maya guided me, this time stopping in front of my apartment door. I fished into my pockets, somehow a little more awake now. My dad had been away on a business trip, like he usually is.