Part 51

M A Y A

M A Y A

"Well, then h-here you go." I gulp back the anxiousness I was feeling, and hand Smackle the bag.

"Maya, would you please come in with me?" She asks. I was shocked at the question, I mean this is pretty intimate stuff. I was angry with her for what she had done, but then remembered that I also went through this alone and at times like these you want someone by your side. Even if that person is not your best friend, or your mom, or your boyfriend.

"Sure," I shot Farkle a look before I left and he nodded approvingly so I went ahead and followed Smackle. I was tempted to go see my daughter, but I would as soon as I helped Smackle with the test.

"Okay," I sighed and opened the small pink box. "Be calm, it doesn't help to be nervous." I advise and she nods slowly as she watches me pull out the white tube with pink cap. I told her how to position herself when she pees and turned so she could do it. I heard her sob quietly when she was finished. I flushed the toilet for her, about to cry too.

"Smackle," I say and run a baby wipe through her hands, setting the test on the sink.

"Maya, I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean for things to get this bad! I promised I didn't stage this up just because I have feelings for Lucas, it kind of just happened. I figured I should just go for it, just go for what I want. I didn't mind that he was with Riley, I just I wanted something for me, you know? Even if he was taken and we were drunk." She tells me in between loud sobs and I don't say anything back yet, I just hold her and wait out the next 3 minutes with her. I can feel her shaking from the nervousness under my arms, and I wanted to so badly just turn back time and undo what had been done. But at times like these you just have to be strong and keep going.

"Smackle, please calm down. As your friend, it hurts to see you cry. I don't hate you, and im pretty sure all the others don't either, we are just angry over what you and Lucas did. Riley is my best friend and it's hard for me to watch her suffer because her boyfriend cheated on her with you. I get that it was a drunken mistake, but I know you have feelings for Lucas. I mean you were always trying to get in on the Triangle back in ninth grade. But I'm not here to judge you, ok? I was in a similar situation myself and the best advise I can give you its to pick up the pieces and walk with them. Time will heal, and whether you have this baby or not we are here for you." I give her hand a small squeeze and she nods as tears drop.

"Your results should be displayed by now, so take a deep breath and go see." I urge, and she does as told slowly. Either every step Smackle takes I feel the room closing in on us. She reaches out for the stick with shaky hands, and grasps it. She tilts it a bit to see the lines and drops the test immediately as a loud croak is heard.

She's just about to fall over when I stand up and help her stay up. She looks at me with tear eyes and I led her out to the living room so she wouldn't faint.

"Farkle, help me please!" He rushed over and helped me prop Smackle on the couch. She looked like she was devastated, and I sure didn't need to ask what the outcome of the test had been. "I'm going to go check on the baby." I told them, and Farkle nodded for both of them. I checked on my sleeping daughter and found her in her new room. Everything looked so pretty, and I couldn't help but smile as my eyes scanned the room. Farkle had done this while I was gone?

I kissed my daughters head and rubbed her hair softly. Then I took a deep breath and headed for the bathroom. I saw the test facing down on the small blue carpet and picked it up as so. I turned it over slowly.

Indeed two pink lines looked back at me....

3 R D P E R S O N

Riley laid in bed after dinner. She finally had time to cry out her emotions once she was alone. Being so close to him made her want him more, and it just reminded her why she had gone away. She wanted to go over to his house and forgive him and for everything to go back to normal, but....it wouldn't. He had done what he had done and things would never be the same. Just knowing this made her feel a stab to her chest, and it only deepened with every shaky breath she took.

She turned over as a knock on her window startled her. She got down from her bed and turned on a small lamp as she approached the bay window.

"Zay?" She whispered as she slid the window up.

"Hi, Riley." He smiled and hugged her tightly. Once they parted she stepped aside so he could fully step in. "I missed 'ya."

"I missed you too," Riley said politely. It was nice to see a familiar face besides Maya's.

"Were you crying?" He asked as slowly studied her face. Shiny cheeks and a pink nose had given her away.

"Yeah, I do that a lot nowadays." She tried to joke in order to lift the mood. He smiled a bit to make her feel less uncomfortable.

"Are you still mad at me? You know I never meant to hurt you or lie to you, I just didn't know what to do. I was very shocked," Zay explained, hoping Riley would understand his good intentions.

"I know that. And thank you, I'm glad I didn't get to witness what went down with my very own eyes," Riley thanked sadly. She looked away to dry the tears that slipped down.

"Riley, don't turn away. It's okay," Zay comforted, turning her face towards him and drying the tears with his thumbs. "I'm here for you. I'll always be here."

Riley nodded, and allowed a couple more tears to fall. "I'm glad you're here for me, Zay. I feel so lonely without him."

Zay held her close so he wouldn't see her cry. It broke him inside to hear the girl he had secretly liked all this time crying. He wanted to punch Lucas and beat him bad for what he had done. He hated Lucas just as much as he had hated Farkle for getting Maya pregnant and leaving.

"He doesn't deserve your tears, Riles." He told her as he looked at her in the eyes. "He messed up and you need to be happy, he should be the one suffering not you." Riley saw through in his words, but couldn't manage to be 'happy' or nothing near it. This was just as hard for her as it is for Lucas.

"You're amazing, Riley." He continued. "Any boy would be lucky to have a girl like you. You're everything anyone could ever need."

"Zay? What are you saying?" His words had not sounded friendly, but more like romantic. His eyes also gave away the love he was feeling for her. "I mean, thank you, but this is so confusing and coming from you..."

"I understand," Zay nodded. "I guess what I'm really getting to is...."

"Is what?" Riley asked when he went quiet. He had let his sentence died out and waited out Riley's response. He couldn't contain himself any longer. He leaned in and said....

"This."

•••

Yep, I'll just leave this here and let you guys suffer for a little bit!! :)

I can't believe how crazy this few chapters have been!!

Comment down below what you think will happen next !!