Chapter 8

M A Y A

M A Y A

*3 Weeks Later*

"I am so excited!" Riley chants as she dances around her room. She was referring to the trip to Philadelphia we were going to take in a matter of days for Thanksgiving. It was going to be super fun, and what would it make it even fun was that my morning sickness has came to a halt. At least for now. *mentally knocks on wood*

"I know, I am too," I beam. "Riles it's going to be so nice to get out of New York for a while and be with our families."

"I am so looking forward to inviting Lucas, Zay, Smackle, and Farkle to come along-"

"You're, WHAT?" I immediately ask after hearing Farkle come out of Riley's mouth. Lately he's been trying to talk to me non-stop. From what I heard he and Smackle are working things out and it's already bad enough that I'm pregnant with his child, so I completely avoid him.

"I'm inviting-"

"I heard you," I say. "Riles, I just thought this was a family trip..."

"Maya, they are family. They're our friends. Don't you think they should come? Are they not family to you?" Riley raises an eyebrow, tilting her head.

"O-of course." I nod rapidly. "But, I don't know...Yeah, just..just invite them." I bite the I side of my lip to keep from saying further.

"Yay!" She squeals happily. "I will let them know right now through our group chat!"

Riley: Hey, guys. So this Thanksgiving my family and Maya's are taking a trip to Philadelphia to my grandparents house. Would you all like to come?

Lucas: I'll be there :)

Zay: Guess I'm going too ;)

Smackle: I'm actually also going to my grandparents. I hope you all have a great time though.

Farkle's answer never came for the remaining of the 30 minutes I spent at Riley's. I went upstairs to my apartment hoping that Farkle wouldn't go at all. I would like to maybe tell Riley about the news, but I'm not entirely sure. Plus, if Farkle goes it would be all types of awkward.

As I got ready for bed, I began to take my shower before bed. I lathered my body with the fruity smelling bubbles, feeling my body relax under the slightly hot water. I happened to feel my abdomen, where lower just under my belly button my abdomen was beginning to poke out a little. I darted a soapy finger around the area, catching myself smile slightly. My baby is there.

My baby is there.

...

After my shower, I went over to my room and got dressed into an oversized yellow tee and some black furry shorts. I plopped myself on my bed after turning off the lights, beginning to read to catch up on my baby's growth.