Chapter 26

M A Y A

Saturday December 18

I wake up to a knocking at my door. It wasn't just any knocking, it was like a repeating, anxious one. Who ever it is really wants me to open the door I guess. I hop down from bed and walk over to the door as fast as I can without lazily stumbling.

I open the door to see my mom staring back at me with a worried expression on her face.

"Stuart is here to see you." She tells me, she's fidgeting with her fingers so I could only guess it's something bad.

"Give me a couple of minutes," I speak, and then rush over to the bathroom to brush my teeth, and pull my messy hair into a bun. Before I leave I splash some water on my face to fully wake me up, and then I dry my face with a small towel. I take in a deep breath as i turn the knob and go out to my living room where Mr. Minkus is awaiting.

__________________

F A R K L E

I rub at my puffy eyes when I make it home after being with Maya. The only thing I want to do is lay in bed and sulk in peace. I just want to cry and be alone in my dark room. After all, what can I do? She basically just called things off. I'm not going to be able to spend time with her, and I'm not sure if she wants me in the baby's life. My whole world fell apart right before my eyes...

As soon as I turn the key on the knob, the door opens revealing my father standing before me with crossed arms, and an angered look plastered on his face. In the darkness of the room I could make out his scowling face and his thousand dollar silver watch facing towards me.

"Where were you?" His words were cold blades stabbing through me, a pang of nervousness within each syllable of a single, simple yet staggering question.

My heart races incredibly fast.

"I asked a question, and I expect an answer." My father demanded, inching closer to me, each step feeling like it was taking the air out of my lungs.

"I-I...I went to Maya's." I speak, my voice a bit shaky.

"For what?" My father's eyebrow comes up, and his eyes pierce through mine.

"To have a talk," I answer sincerely.

He looks at his watch. "At twelve at night?"

"Yes, sir." The weight I'm carrying on my shoulder grows by the second. My mind panics,  and my breath hitches.

"I'm confident by your behavior towards that girl that you are no longer with Isadora. What's going on?"

I remain quiet.

Say it, I say to myself. Just say it. You can do it.

"What is happening?" Dad repeats.

Go on. Spill. Tell him.

"Or are you seeing Isadora and having some type of affair?" He accuses. At the sound of that my eyes widen. My own father thinks I'm capable of cheating on a girl?

"N-no." I stammer, yet manage to sound confident a bit.

"It makes perfect sense!" He says. "I mean, a girl who was no ambition....who was raised by a single mother.... has no father figure whatsoever....."

He chuckles, then steps back and begins to pace around the room.

"Probably doesn't even want to go to college that girl...." Then he stops and looks at me for a second. "Or has she taken a sudden interest in you knowing who I am and who you will soon be too...."

I shake my head. "Dad—"

"Of course!" He exclaims. "The more I think of it the more I understand...."

"You don't understand!"

"Yes, yes I do!"

"No! You don't!"

"This girl—She's got you wrapped around her finger!"

"It's not like that!"

"She's a nobody, and she's trying to seduce you in order to get some benefit out of you! Don't you see?!"

"Her name is Maya. And Maya is not using me!" I yell from anger.

"How do you know?!" He challenges, a defeat smirk plastered in his face.

"We love each other. When you love someone you don't use them. Besides, she's known me for years and not once had she tried to ask for money or anything from me." I defend.

"Maya is driven, and she's ambitious. Maya wants to be an art student, she's extremely talented." I point out, the adrenaline rushing through me making it slightly impossible for my voice not to raise with every word.

"Whats going on between you and this girl. I want to know right NOW!"

My shoulders relax, and my lips part. My tongue holding the answer I've awaited and kept for months. I take in a deep breath, and met my father's gaze. The relief already starting to wave through me by now, and I'm already feeling better....stronger...prouder.

"Maya is pregnant," I blurt.

"So?" He asks. I wait a couple of seconds, but my dad's angry face falls.

"Maya is pregnant." I repeat.

"And I'm..."

"You're what?" My father asks angrily.

"Maya and I are expecting a child."

......

Hey there little birdies!

Here's an update for you all and goodness did it take me a while ! I've been busy with school and everyday life .

BUT

JESUS

CHRIST

THANK

YOU

FOR

1K

READS!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Thank you all so very, very much! This means a lot to me! I'm so glad you guys are taking time to read my work it means so much! Seriously it just blew my mind! A VERY VERY VERY BIG VIRTUAL HUG TO ALL OF YOU, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU! ❤️

•comment!

•vote!

And

•share!