Chapter 27

M A Y A

When I enter the living room the first thing I see is that Mr. Minkus has his back to me and my mom is nowhere to be seen. He hadn't even turned around when he said..

"Hello, Maya." His voice was serious, and it just added to the nervousness I was already feeling.

"Hello, Mr. Minkus." I greeted, trying to keep my voice from shaking or sounding as nervous as I felt in the inside. Whatever I do i can't let him get to me. I know how he easily gets to Farkle and others, but that won't be the case with me.

"My son told me about your..." He turns to me a bit, and looks directly at my tiny baby bump while scrunching his nose and frowning all at once. "...Pregnancy."

I nod, keeping my face blank, not willing to show him any emotion. "Yes."

"It seems that you are willing to keep the fetus, and if I'm correct it is about four or five months along which means I'm a bit too late and therefore we can't resort to anything else..." My brain knows what he meant even before I had time to process it. How can he suggest I get rid of my baby? How can he encourage abortion? Specially on his own grandchild?

"That was never an option, Mr. Minkus." I tell him, rubbing my baby slightly so she knows I'm here to protect her.

"I'm afraid I knew you would say that," he admits, then turns to face me.

"I refuse to let you bring my son into this degrading situation," His eyes pierce through mine and even though he looks like Farkle he is nothing like him.

"I won't let anything get in the way of my son's education or life, specially someone who is a nobody who gets in bed with the first wealthy male that crosses her way. I'll be damned if my son winds up with someone like you." He spat.

The back of my eyes prick with tears, but I try my very best to not let a single tear escape.

"I've always known you were no good." He narrows his eyes at me. "This situation just goes to show what I told Farkle about you, what I warned him about. Girls like you can't make a living for themselves and so they trick an innocent, fine young man into something that ruins their life forever."

"Ruining my son's future is all you are doing," He inches closer to me with every word, and his words feel like knives slashing across my skin, cutting into me, snatching my life from me. "I've arranged for my son to start college as of now. He's on his way to England as we speak."

"W-what?" My breath hitches and my heart races. He simply nods.

"I expect for you to never reach out to him again. I'm sure he feels the same way." He whips out a pen, and then a check book. "I'm sure this will be sufficient enough for you to stay on your feet..." When I don't take the check he slaps the paper onto the coffee table.

"....At least until you do the same to another innocent victim." He murmurs loud enough for me to hear as he stuffs everything back into his suit jacket.

I feel like the room is closing in on me, and I'm bitting my lip to keep from crying. I can't seem to breathe and the anger is boiling inside of me by the second.

"Oh," he stops comically as he approaches the door. "I hope you are not as pathetic as you seem, and you don't reach out to my son. If so, be prepared or the million dollar law suit you and your family will face."

With that he finally leaves, and my mom rushes out once she hears my loud cries. She holds me as I cry into her chest, my heart feeling empty.

"It's going to be okay, babygirl. I'm here." She strokes my back gently.

"Mom, I can't do this without him." I cry. "I need Farkle!"

My mom holds me tighter as my cries grow louder.

I can't believe I've lost Farkle maybe forever. Things were just starting to look up for me. I was finally happy, and now everything is ruined. I guess that's what happens when you hope for things.

                    ________________

F A R K L E

"What did you tell her?!" I scream at my dad as I watch him enter the apartment with an evil smirk plastered on his face.

"I told her to stay away from you," He admits, taking off his suit jacket and placing it on the coat rack.

"Why?! Why did you do that dad?!" I run a frustrated hand through my chestnut hair. Anger boiling deep within me and growing by the second.

"I know what's best for you, and she's not good."

"How would you know that? You don't even know her." I argue, crossing my arms in front of me.

"Well, I don't need to know her to realize that's she's a careless, misbehaved girl."

"She's not going to listen to you. And I'm not going to England."

"Too bad." He shrugs.

"I'm serious dad."

He chuckles.

"What's so funny?"

"I just find it interesting that you're so determined to fight for this girl when that child isn't even yours."

"What are you talking about?"

"The girl told me herself. Then she told me to write her a check and she would drop the act."

.......

Hello readers!

This is yet another update, and I'm so happy to be writing to you all. Thank you so much for reading my story, and stay tuned for more :)!

Happy thanksgiving!

•comment!

•vote!

&

•share!