Part 55

M A Y A

M A Y A

"I'm not sure this is a good idea, May." Farkle told me for the hundredth thousandth time as he helped me set up the dinner table for six. Yep, six people. The whole gang was coming over tonight. But they don't know they are all coming at the exact same time.

"It is! Think about it, they come here, work things out, have a nice dinner and BOOM this is all over and everything is rainbows and butterflies and all that happy Riley crap." I explain, hoping and praying things will go smoothly. "Besides, what could go wrong?"

The doorbell rang, and there was rambling going on outside already. Farkle opened the door and Zay and Lucas stepped in.

"Welcome!" I hollered, grabbing both my their arms and leading them to the table. "Have a seat!"

"What are you doing here!? Get out!" They both asked at the same time. "Maya invited me, not you!"

"Oh God, they're like Siamese twins." I gag, and sit in between them.

"Listen up, huckleberry and...yeah, let's stick with just Zay-"

"Why doesn't he get a nickname!?" Lucas complains,throwing his hands in the air.

"Because I can't think of one," I lamely explain.

"I can! I can think of lots of nicknames for this traitor right now!" Lucas exclaimed as he stood, his fists clenched at his sides.

"Okay, you need to sit, before my new dining table is flipped over and it ruins my white carpet." I pat his back as he sits. "Okay.. back to what I was saying..you are both here today because—"

"MAYAAAA! Why is she here!?" Riley angrily exclaims as she and Smackle step in.

"Welcome!" Farkle stepped in between them linking his arms with both. "Let's have a seat shall we—"

"NO I'M NOT FEELING VERY WELCOME AND I SHALL NOT HAVE A SEAT—ooh, is that Lasagna I smell?" Riley began to protest.

"Yes," I smile and hold up the pan. Riley hurried over, taking a seat next to Zay. That left Smackle to sit next to Lucas and I could tell she was nervous.

"I'd like to start off by saying that I'm so glad we are all here today," Farkle stands by my side, lacing his hand with mine as we begin the night. "It's a perfect night for healing and forgiving—"

"CAN YOU PLEASE TELL US WHY WE ARE HERE!?" They all exclaim.

"Okay, Geez!" I pull out a chair and stand on it.

"Why are you standing on a chair?" Farkle whispers.

"It makes me feel taller and powerful....and dangerous." I explain, then turn to the group. "Smackle, Peaches, daughter, Farkie,  Zay and Haystack." I begin by addressing all of them. "We are all gathered here today to put our differences aside and have a nice dinner. I put my life on the line by having you angry people here, and I spent hours cooking this dinner—"

"Yes, hours!" Farkle added, holding up a deli bag from the Italian restaurant I called.

"You weren't supposed to show them that!" I scolded, snatching the bag from him.

"So you didn't actually cook this?" Lucas asked.

"Hey, don't discredit my hard work, ok? I put in the plates, knifes, forks, table, and water." I defend. "But that's besides the point. Guys...what has this family come down to? Why are we all so against each other? Whatever happened to standing by each other in the worst and best of times?"

"You know where that died?" Riley asked as she stood. "It died the night when Smackle and Lucas decided it ended. Their betrayal was like a giant ticking bomb, and it sure did blew up! Right in my face! And Zay's too! And you know what the worst part is?"

I knew what Riley was getting to just by she was saying. I looked at Zay and knew he had told.

"The worst part of all is—"

"Riles, you look hungry! Here have some lasagna!" I grab a fistful of it and shove it into Riley's mouth. Smackle covers her mouth from shock and Lucas sits there confused.

"I wasn't hungry!" Riley yelled at me as she spat the huge chunk back up into a napkin.

"Yes, but you we're going to say a very stupid thing and you love lasagna so there wasn't much of a choice," I told her.

"Maya, I think the one who's really hungry is you! But here, why doesn't Smackle, your new best friend, feed it to you!" Riley held up Smackle's hand and dug it into the lasagna and threw a huge chunk at me. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hands to be able to see.

"And here! Why doesn't my ex-cheating boyfriend have some as well," Riley said and dumped the WHOLE pan of lasagna on Lucas's head. Farkle rushed over and grabbed the pan before she could do any harm with it.

"Why doesn't your new boyfriend/best friend have some too, Riley!" Lucas picked up a chunk of lasagna and threw it in Zay's direction, getting him right in the face.

"Can we stop throwing food!" Farkle spoke, but Riley got him. "What did I do!?"

"You're an accomplice! I can't believe you and Maya would do that to me!" Riley began.

"Riley what are you talking about!" Farkle asked as he wiped his face.

"Oh, don't 'Riley-what-are-you-talking-about' me!" Riley sneered. "You know Maya I really was worried when Farkle called saying you had to go the pharmacy. We both know you knew what for, but you just didn't tell me."

"Riles, please calm down." I say as I go to her slowly.

"No! I'm not calming down! You betrayed me as your best friend and for what?" She then turned to Lucas, pulling him up by his button down. "Did you ever think about using protection huh? Or did it slip your drunken, horny brain?"

"Why are you saying this Riley?" Lucas asked.

"Oh, so it turns out you don't know! Is this why you are stopping me?" Riley turned to me. Farkle rushes over to get Riley off Lucas and whisk Smackle away before she could end up harmed or in emotional distress which is bad for the baby.

"Okay! I need answers! Why is Farkle taking Smackle away! And why are you saying this to me Riley!"

"Because—" before Riley finished I turned to Smackle and saw her already crying. I didn't want her to go through this so the next thing that came out of my mouth was selfish and might have hurt the person I love, but it protected a close friend and an innocent life.

"Because Smackle and Farkle are having a baby," I spoke, making Farkle and Smackle turn in their tracks, and making Riley let go off Lucas and turn to them as well.

I looked over to Smackle who seemed relieved but Farkle looked at me with hurt eyes and I knew I'd messed things up...again.

••

Hey loves!

I'm sorry it took so long for me to update this but I was having a hard time deciding what to do with the Smackle pregnancy news ..but here it is. Now y'all don't get upset or mad I promise things will smooth down. 😭 this won't really affect our Markle, maybe just our gang.

Anyways, I love you guys and thank you so much for your views! And comments! I can't wait to read and reply to them. 💓