Chapter 4

I was sleeping off my hang over when a sudden a bright light woke me up, searing through my closed lids. I groaned and covered myself with the duvet as I curled on my side.

"You're fired. Get out."

"I'm afraid your authority doesn't apply to me, little Angel."

I peeked through one eye and found Jude standing over me. "Ugh. Fuck off," I said, pressing a pillow to my face. "And turn the damn lights off."

"That's the sunlight," I heard him mutter before taking the pillow off my face. "Get up."

"Don't you have a bunch of meetings to get to?" I groused, kicking his hand away when he tried to pull my leg.

"I did. I just got back," he replied, trying to rip the duvet away but I clung to it. "Come on. Get up. I've made a flower bath for you."

"It's too early," I complained, feeling like shards of broken glass were grinding against my throat.

"It's two in the afternoon, Gel."

Oh.

I rolled on my back, eyeing him through squinted eyes as he stood beside the bed with the sunlight at his back. I screwed my eyes shut as they stung.

"Please, shut the fucking curtains," I bit out, dragging the duvet over my head again.

He sighed, lifting the duvet off my face and resting the bottom of a glass on my forehead. "Drink."

I wrinkled my nose. "Is it one of your disgusting smoothies?"

"It's good for you."

"Doesn't make it any less disgusting."

He sighed again, setting the glass on the bedside table. "Join me for lunch after your bath. I've asked Miss Lucille to assist you."

"Didn't she quit?"

"I would never abandon my post, Ma'am," Lucille's voice came, her husky voice so unbearably familiar.

I lifted my head and found the old hag standing behind him, dressed in a black pencil skirt and a stiff looking blouse underneath a well-tailored jacket with her hair pulled into a tight bun. She looked forgettable yet formidable, which was probably the point.

"Huh. You got a tan," I remarked wryly. "Finally used your vacation leaves, I see."

She smiled, her chapped lips spreading almost forcefully. "I was supervising the renovations of the property Master Anthony recently purchased in Spain and also trained the new caretakers. I've just returned a month ago."

"Ah, Spain," I mumbled, propping up my chin on my palm. "The women there are fucking goddesses. Jude, you should visit. Maybe they can help you remove the stick up your ass."

"My ass is fine as it is, thank you," he muttered. "Now, your bath?"

I groaned. "Isn't giving me a bath way below your pay grade, Lucy?"

"I was told an incident occurred when you were bathing yesterday," Lucille replied, formal and direct as always. "It is absolutely inexcusable that such a thing occurred under my supervision. I assure you, it will never happen again. I will personally train new maids for you but for now, I shall conduct the duties, if you would allow it of course."

I rolled my eyes, dropping my head back on my pillow. "Ugh. Whatever. Wake me up in an hour."

Jude yanked the duvet off me, throwing it to the floor. "Now, Gel, or do you want me to throw you into the tub?"