Chapter 20

Jude and Stella were making googly eyes at each other. Whispering and sniggering. Touching and kissing. It was repulsive.

I caught Jude's arm move towards her lap and Stella gasped, blushing so furiously it was almost comical if it wasn't so disgusting that my brother was probably finger fucking his girlfriend in front of me.

"Hey, Rick." I leaned towards him while he was quietly eating his food. "Want a blowjob?"

Jude whipped his head to face us. Rick practically fell off his chair trying to get away from me.

"Hey, I'm just here for the free food, man," he said defensively.

I smirked, sliding my hand on his thigh. "I reckon you taste better."

He glared at me, a hint of arousal darkening his eyes. "Quit that before he actually kills me." He pointed at my hand. "Off. Now."

I rolled my eyes, folding my arms across my chest. "I'd like to leave now."

"We haven't even had dessert yet," Jude said.

"Yeah, I ain't having what you're having," I muttered, sparing Stella a glance. "No offense, sweetheart."

Her face reddened even more. Jude cleared his throat, casting me an almighty glare.

"We'll leave together then," he said, getting to his feet. "Rick, could you drive Angel? I have to drive Stella."

Rick passed me a wary glance. "Sure."

"And keep your hands to yourselves," he said in parting while glaring at the both of us.

We headed out of the restaurant and waited for the valet to bring up their cars. Jude got his first and they drove off, leaving Rick and I.

"You're crazy," he suddenly as we watched Jude's departing car.

I looked at him, smirking. "But I ain't no liar. Offer's on the table if you want it."

He narrowed his gaze at me. "Don't play with me."

"I already promised you I wouldn't though."

He took a step to close the distance between us and I shifted to face him. We stood toe to toe, so close we shared every breath. His hands were in his pockets and my arms were firmly crossed over my chest, and yet it felt like he was all over me and I him.

This insatiable and almost debilitating desire we shared for each other only strengthened my resolve to be rid of him. Tonight would be the last time I broke for him.

I was owed one last taste, wasn't I?

"Have dinner with me," he said suddenly.

I arched a brow. "We just had dinner."

"You know..." he murmured, slipping one hand out of his pocket and bringing it around my back to hold me closer. "... what I mean."

I inhaled deeply, pulling in his scent into my lungs and rendering me fucking ravenous for more. Dammit.

"No," I answered after a beat.

"So you'd get into bed with me but you won't share a meal with me?"

"We've already shared a meal."

"And you already know I mean more than that."

"You can't mean more than this to me."

His eyes dimmed, the obvious arousal replaced by disappointment.

"Why can't I?"

I smiled. "Sweetheart, I do stupid shit all the time, but I'd never be as foolish as my brother."