Chapter 25

The crowd was wild, deafening me as they cursed and yelled from every direction while I pummeled the man underneath me.

I was straddling him, gripping the top of his head and bringing my fist down on him over and over but my rage only grew insatiable, wanting more. To destroy him completely. I wanted to. So fucking badly.

The bell rang and the referee came to part us. I didn't let up, screaming as I released every bit of the pain that I've been holding onto. Two large men came and interfered, yanking me off my prey's unconscious body.

"I'm not done," I hissed, struggling against their hold on me.

"He is," one of the men replied. "Rein it in or you're out."

Glaring at him, I relented and stopped fighting. They let me go and took care of the man, carrying him out of the ring on a stretcher. The announcer came to the center, declaring me the winner.

I was on a four-win streak tonight and I was still far from being satisfied. I needed to feel something.

I went to my corner, taking my towel from the bucket filled with iced water and wiping off the blood and sweat from my body. One of the errand girls came to my side, holding a mirror with lines of white powder on it. It was an offering from one of the high rollers, a silent way of telling me they were happy and to keep them happy.

I looked up at the balcony where the high rollers were watching and found Viktor's face amongst them. He gave me a wave and I returned it with a nod, accepting the offering and snorting three lines in quick succession.

The drug was potent and had a killer sting to it, jolting my body with a sudden surge of adrenaline. I've tasted this before whenever Bo didn't have any. Where Bo's was pure as a virgin's pussy, this was fucking sinful as the devil.

I heard they cut the product with meth and viagra, giving the users a mix of speed and excitement. There was also a secret ingredient that gave the product its distinctive kick. Some say it was white chili powder. Others claimed it was simply Adderall. Either way, shit was deadly and I loved it.

My next opponent came to the stage. Guillermo Ruiz, nineteen years old and two-hundred pounds of pure muscle. He was a beast of a boy who had a record of twenty wins and one draw. Needless to say, an intimidating figure. I grinned, giddy with excitement.

I went to the center of the ring, dwarfed by Guillermo's ridiculous build. His arms were probably bigger than my leg and I was undeniably at a physical disadvantage. But what this kid lacked was what I had a shitload of, rage and masochistic tendencies.

I was going to destroy him.

"I'm going to break that pretty face of yours," he threatened.

I licked my lips, my demons growing impatient. "I'm gonna make your asshole tremble with my tongue."

His face soured and I snickered. The bell rang and we bumped fists before backing away from each other. I tightened my hand wraps, watching Guillermo as he jogged in place. He made a few test hits that were easy to block but then made one calculated attack. I crouched to dodge it and swiped at his legs with my foot but he merely jumped back, keeping his steady footing.

The crowd was aggresively loud, waving around their betting tickets in their fists as they urged us to kill each other. I couldn't see far enough through the darkness that covered the abandoned building to identify just how many people were in attendance tonight, the lone light being the one above the ring, but I could tell there were more than the typical number of speculators from the varying voices that was making it difficult for me to focus. It was hard to shut them out when they were banging and shouting all at once.