Chapter 6

I was in my Industrial Organization and Public Policy class, and Professor Czowerr has been extrapolating on Jeffrey Church and Roger Ware's Industrial Organization: A Strategic Approach for the past hour, and I was just staring at him, wondering how come his face was moving like a lava lamp, and why is it that whenever he opened his mouth, bubbles would come out.

Bo, like me, was a Chemical and Biological Engineering major, who knowingly became a drug addict for research purposes. We had struck up a friendship when I was tasked to help facilitate freshman orientation as a member of the student government. He'd offered me a bum to his joint and I ended up getting absolutely shit faced after three pulls while he excitedly explained how he had invented a new marijuana strain that takes you on an explosive high in less than two minutes and called it The Challenger strain, after the tragic Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.

He had chosen Salvia Divinorum as the main subject of his thesis and has been experimenting with it for the past two years. He won't tell me what he did with it. He just said I should try it and tell him about the experience to add onto his research data. So far, it was one massive mindfuck.

I swayed back and forth, and around. It was like there was this kaleidoscope following my every move, distorting my vision into a million unidentifiable colors. I glanced around and all I could see were rainbow eyes floating around me. I looked back at Professor Czowerr again and he's turned into a blob on the floor, all slimy and shit. I focused on trying to get him back to normal again but he wouldn't. He was opening his mouth, talking and talking. I stared at his mouth and it turned into some sort of a disco light trying to vacuum me and I clutched my chair to steady myself.

"You seeing this shit?" I whispered to Tristan beside me.

"I don't fucking know what I'm seeing. Fuck. This is worse than acid. I told you we weren't supposed to smoke all of it."

I snickered. "It's fucking epic."

"I'm going to kill Bo."

I started swaying again, the kaleidoscopic eyes following my every move. I tried to hold my breath, thinking it was the body heat they were following or something. I closed my eyes, willing everything to go away, but then I saw stars shining right at me with the sun at its back. When the lecture ended and the other students started getting up, the figures became wilting crayons that slowly melted into massive puddles on the floor. I breathed in and out and slowly stood, the rainbow eyes now glaring at us. Tristan took a step and almost fell. He cursed under his breath and took a step again. I stared down at my feet. We were getting submerged in lava. I shook my head, trying to remember what the room looked like.

Finally, after painstakingly doing one step front and two steps back while clinging onto each other, we reached the door without getting burned by the lava. I cursed when I remembered I had a test for my next class.
* * *

Bo was lying on the floor with Tristan on top him, beating him up. Tristan and I ran to their apartment when the high had subsided. I was lying on his bed, sulking over my test. The words were just flying, literally flying off the paper when I tried to read them.

So much for my 4.0

"What the fuck did you put in that shit, huh?!" Tristan bit out.

"I can't say!"

Tristan hit him again. "I'm not going to ask again, Bo!"

"I can't say because I don't know! I was just putting shit together as I went, I forgot!"

Tristan gaped at him and started punching his stomach. "How many times do I have to tell you?! Do. Not. Use. Us. As. Your. Fucking. Guinea. Pigs!" he said as he hit him at every word.