Chapter 60

Rick was giving me the silent treatment as he drove. I had asked him if there was something wrong but he claimed there was nothing, when there obviously fucking was.

It was a twenty minute drive back to his place and I was not going to spend twenty minutes getting suffocated in a car with him.

"Pull over."

He ignored me.

"I said pull over!"

He took a sharp turn before hitting the breaks. I nearly hit my face against the dashboard.

"What the fuck is your goddamn problem?" I yelled the same time he said, "You're going on a date with me."

I took a moment to process this nonsense.

"What?"

"You owe me a date."

I scoffed. "I owe you shit!" I turned, yanking at the door handle but the asshole had put it on child lock. "Open it!"

"No."

"Open it, asshole!"

"No."

I snarled, hitting my fist against the dashboard in frustration.
I was breathing harshly, so pissed off and yet I did not know why. I just was.

"We're going on a date, Angel," he stated like it was an irrefutable fact.

"What's gotten into you, huh?" I turned to face him. "I already told you, if Father-"

"Fuck your father."

"Fuck my-" I pursed my lips, taking a deep breath. "He literally wants to kill you, Rick."

"I don't care."

I bristled with fury. "You don't care, huh?" I spat. "A hundred yards due East. Black sedan. License plate FBV 5025."

"What?"

"It's been following you for weeks, idiot," I said, watching his head jolt back as he turned to look at the car. "Behind it is another black sedan. And that one is following me."

His head whipped back to face me, his eyes clearly showing how he hadn't had one clue of their presence. Stupid fucking idiot.

"If you look farther, about two blocks from us is a black SUV. That's my guy and it's there to make sure none of those Sedan Pricks tries anything. That's how serious my father is about his intent to kill you."

"I still don't care."

"You're out of your mind!"

"I. Don't. Care."

I took a deep breath, forcefully suppressing the urge to beat sense into this stupid man.

"Fine. You don't care?"

I rubbed my palms over my face, laughing. I was too fucking sober to deal with this nonsense.

"You think you're brave? You think you can take him on? Get out."

I leaned over him, disengaging the door locks.

"Get out," I repeated, opening his door and unlatching his seatbelt. "Come on. Show me how much you don't care and fuck me on the hood of your car while they watch. Come on. I fucking dare you."

I pushed my door open and jumped out of the car, shrugging my jacket off.

"Get out, sweetheart!" I called, throwing my jacket on the hood.

The street was deserted and it was already nearing 1AM. He sat in the driver seat, glaring at me. I pulled my top over my head and threw it at the windshield.