Chapter 48

I leaned against Rick as we laid on the bathtub, our gazes locked through the mirrors surrounding us. We've been like this for almost an hour and we've barely said more than a handful of words to each other since we returned to the boat while refusing to leave my side. He wouldn't say it, but I knew he was afraid the moment he gave me an inch, I'd take a mile. I couldn't blame him because I wasn't really sure if I wouldn't do it.

The high had long been gone but I could still feel it. This thing between us wasn't just a casual fling. It wasn't just a petty infatuation. It wasn't simple attraction. It wasn't anything romantic. It was desire. Pure and consuming. Raw and primal. Destructive.

I had a feeling that this had the ability to kill me more than any drug could. That's what we refused to say. What we already knew before. We just ignored it. Ignored how much power we had over each other.

When he came inside me for the first time, I realized I was done for it. I wouldn't be able to replace him. I wouldn't be able to be with anyone else. I wouldn't be able to deny it anymore. What we had, it was going to ruin me. Probably already had.

As we stared at each other through the mirror, it grew. The need for each other. Our breathing grew harsher as our eyes turned darker. Neither of us made a move, almost as if fearing that last move would push us over the precipice and towards the unknown. But almost as if we couldn't help it, we started moving against each other. 

"Angel..."

"Rick..."

In a flash, his hands were on my hips and I turned, straddling him. Our lips met and everything came rushing in at the speed of light. It broke us open.

We gasped and pulled away, caught off guard by the sudden intensity. We met again.

He hoisted me up as he got to his feet, leaving a trail of water in his wake as he headed back to the bedroom, our lips fused together. Hungrily taking each other's lips. 

There was no time for foreplay and lingering kisses or meaningful confessions. We had no patience for it. We just needed this right now.

The moment our joined bodies hit the bed, he tore his away inside me and I bit into his lip as a scream tried to rip its way out of my throat. He tensed and I wrapped my limbs around him, not wanting him to pull away. I just needed him. I could take the pain. Any pain would be bearable if it was with him.

I rocked my hips against him, desperate to feel him fill me. Consume me. He threw away whatever caution he held as he began thrusting into me. Each thrust accompanied by a grunt and a curse between us as our bodies became joined as one in the most primal of ways.

He pressed his forehead against mine, his dark eyes holding me captive. I didn't try to run or hide. I met him at every thrust. Met him at every turn. At every kiss. He grew rougher as each second passed. Every time he pulled back, he would come back with more force, burying himself so deep into me I was sure I could never get him out of me. In more ways than one.

I was panting, my entire body tingling with the need for release. He was biting at my skin, leaving marks as he began trailing kisses down my chest while his hand slid between us. He rubbed his fingers against my clit, burying his cock deep into me at every thrust. I raised my hips off the bed, my legs shaking as he drove me to the edge.

More. More. Just a little more.

As we inched closer to the peak of our tryst, we grew more unforgiving in our greed for each other. I felt him bite a mouthful of my breast, hard enough to tear skin, and the sudden burst of pain was enough to crush me beneath the burdening pleasure. I came hard, knees buckling and my body shaking all over while Rick's mouth on mine drowned my cries.