Chapter 57

Two things were running through my mind as I laid on my back and staring at the ceiling.

1. Get the fuck out of there.

2. Take a piss.

I only had a few more precious moments with this man and then I was going to cut all ties with him. Permanently. Not just the, 'This is the last time', crap I've been saying to myself every time I snuck into his bed every night.

I couldn't keep doing this. If I was going to end things with him, it had to really be the fucking end and I had to mean it for once.

I decided to take a piss instead.

I could end it after.

After doing my business in the bathroom, the idiot was still passed out in bed. I sighed, silently picking up my clothes from the floor and putting them on. I walked towards the door, sparing him one last glance.

Wake up, asshole. Tell me to stay and I will.

I counted to ten in my head. If he didn't wake up, I was gone.
Ten came and he was still snoring.

I shook my head and was stepping out when I heard him groan. I stilled, slowly turning my head, seeing him shifting in bed as he took a pillow and embraced it.

Wake up, you stupid man.

He didn't. I decided to fuck it and headed for the kitchen.

I procrastinated, brewing a pot of coffee as I went through his fridge. The damn thing was empty. I frowned, checking his cabinets. They only offered dust.

This guy lived in scarcity more than I did. At least I had Jude forcing food down my throat and threatening to ground me if I didn't at least eat half of the food on my plate.

I went back to his room. He was still passed out and was probably planning on sleeping through the weekend.

I sighed, eyeing the room for a moment. I spotted his discarded pants on the floor and went through the pockets, taking his wallet and keys before heading out of the room. In afterthought, I went back and kissed his cheek.

"I'll be right back," I whispered in his ear.

* * *

Never have I ever gone grocery shopping before.

Drink.

The supermarket, I didn't realize, was fucking humungous. One thing I learned was that you weren't allowed to smoke in there. Nor were you allowed to open their stuff unless you paid for it.

I didn't know what you were only supposed to get while doing the groceries since my only experience was following Nonna around in the farmer's market and carrying her purchases, but I was having a ball driving those handicap carts as I went along the aisles.

I was dumping unnecessary shit into the basket when my phone started ringing in my pocket. One glance at the screen told me it was the Blue-Eyed Schmuck. I answered it, but before I could get a word in, he started having a bitch fit.

"Seriously? What the hell is wrong with you?" Rick yelled out. "You did not only sneak out on me again, you fucking stole from me! What am I? A relief center to you? Sleeping in my bed wasn't enough now you're stealing from me? You-"

"I'm at the store," I cut in through his well-versed monologue.

"I don't give a shit if you're in fricking Antarctica! I want my car and wallet back, Angel! I swear to God, if you-"

"I'm doing the groceries, asshole," I cut in again. "Are you aware that you have nothing, absolutely nothing, in your kitchen other than left over crap from who knows when?"