*27. BUCKY: Missed You

Words: 6.5K

Warnings: SMUT, language, thigh riding, dirty talk

It's a lazy Sunday at the tower. I'm alone since Bucky's been gone so long on that mission in Egypt. We're not technically together, but we're well on our way there. My feelings are certainly strong enough. To distract myself from how much I miss him I've set to baking cookies. I'm so focused on my task and the music that I don't notice someone coming into the kitchen from the archway a bit behind. I don't hear him as he leans against the frame and watches me for a few silent minutes before ultimately joining me by the counter. Warmth takes over my back, confusing me at first, and then I feel a hand slip to my waist. Cool metal fingers brush against the strip of exposed skin of my stomach where my Rolling Stones t-shirt has ridden up.

I grin.

"Hey angel," Bucky greets in a low, lethargic hum. I feel his face press into the crook of my shoulder. His damp lips press to my neck where he kisses me simply.

I reach up and back to hold the side of his head. "Hey," I reply softly. I forget all about my baking for a minute—simply basking in the warmth of his embrace as both arms move to engulf me now. "I missed you."

"God, I missed you too." He sounds so tired, I notice. He nuzzles his face farther into my neck—making me giggle as it tickles quite a bit with the scruff he's grown. He smirks and then sighs, "I missed you so much, doll." His voice is muffled as he's still got his face stuffed into the curtains of his hair. His lips move against the soft flesh of my throat with each word he speaks.

I decide to turn around on my bare toes to see the beautiful face of the man who holds me. Bucky's hands flatten against the small of my back.

"Oh my god," I gasp. I quickly take him by the cheeks and tilt him down closer to me. A dark purple color is splattered on the underside of one of his eyes. There's a small cut on the bridge of his nose that's been shoddily repaired with a few scraggly stitches—almost as if done on the back of a moving vehicle.

My fingertip dances over his wounds. Bucky doesn't move away, letting me drink up his appearance with a worried frown on my face.

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine," I point out.

"It doesn't hurt."

"I'm sure that's a lie," I say.

Bucky only shrugs.

I sigh, wrapping my arms around his neck. I let him pull me closer until I'm flush against his chest and I can feel his heartbeat against my cheek.

"I thought I told you not to worry about me," I hear and feel the words radiating from his chest.

I toy with the collar of his red Henley. "I've never been good at following directions, Sargent."

Bucky chuckles. He reaches up with his warm hand to grab my chin between two fingers. Then before I can think about it, his lips are on mine. This kiss is different than the other one's we've had. This one is harder—hungrier, even. He's always been gentle before, and that's not to say he's being rough now, but it's certainly not as cautious of a kiss as the others. His tongue eagerly swipes across my plump bottom lip. I let him in and let him lead like I know he wants to. I feel his hands gripping my waist and keeping me caged between him and the counter. He still tastes like candy cane, only his smell is slightly different this time—more like musky forest and rust.

"Jump."

I do as I'm told. Then the next thing I know, our mouths are clashing twice as intensely and my body is being cradled mid-air in Bucky's embrace. He's got the one metal hand clasped around my ass to keep me in place while the other hand is tangled in my hair. My legs have found their place knotted around his waist with my fingers digging into his shoulders.