118. STEVE: Taken

A/N: This was a wonderful request from en1658! Thank you for being so patient with me this month, guys, I've been doing finals and trying to date... it's all a hot mess, but I'm excited to be writing more this summer!

Thanks again for this request! Hope you like it :)

Winnie

Words: 3.6K

Steve Rogers never thought he'd get the life he dreamt of. The wife, the home, the family, the white picket fence—he thought that dream went away with the man who fell into the ice all those years ago. But then, by some sort of miracle, he found it: the dream. He found Addison. She is his everything: their family they've built together, that is his new dream. Bucky had been his only living family for so long, but now they've grown. Addison gave Steve a home, she gave him a son. It took a hundred years, but Steve finally found his way home.  He thought for so long that there was no hope of ever feeling that way after losing his brother Bucky.

And he's going to be damned if he lets Hydra take his family away from him again.

...

Two Weeks Ago...

"Steve."

"Yeah sweetheart?" Steve smiles over his shoulder before stopping himself from saying more with a twisted brow. The look on his wife's face has him instantly worried—not worried enough to properly freak out (this isn't her "end of the world" face) but still leaves his chest tightened. "What's wrong?"

Addison Rogers, wife of Captain Steve Rogers for nearly twenty years now, comes around to meet her husband at the top of the staircase. The view from up here looks down on the new Avengers recruits. Their son, Grant, is one of them: maybe even the best of them.

"Your son is what's wrong," Addison replies with a sigh.

Steve chuckles lightly. "My son? I thought we shared him."

"Not today we don't," Addison decides. She leans her forearms on the balcony's edge and lets her eyes drop down to where Grant strides across the room. He's a cocky young bloke, full of his uncle Bucky's pride and  his dad's swagger, and has far too much of his mother's assertiveness for his own good. His DNA—the combination of super-soldier and enhanced super-spy that he is, makes him a good fighter, but his heart makes him a good man. "He's giving me grey hairs."

Steve laughs. "So that's where those came from?"

Addison swats him blindly as he stands behind. Steve chuckles and takes the blow to his lower abs. "Seriously, though—what's he done this time?"

"He thinks he's ready," Addison replies.

Steve's eyes widen. "For sex?"

Addison turns back towards her husband tiredly. "No, Steve. To go on a mission."

Steve sighs. "Oh thank god."

Addison opens her mouth before shutting it quickly. She's not going to be the one to let Steve know that their son—who is eighteen years old at this point—has already ticked that first thing off the list months ago.

"You shouldn't be thanking anyone that he wants to get out there. He's not ready for combat." Addison crosses her arms and looks back out at the training room. Grant's sparing under the watchful eye of his aunt Natty. He's fighting with a boy a few years older and larger in size, but he's not nearly as strong or as fast as Grant is.

Steve joins his wife in watching. "I think he's ready," Steve hesitantly replies. Before his wife can argue, he adds, "We're the ones who aren't ready."