39. The Truth

Words: 3.7K

Warnings: Kinda sad backstory but with a happy ending- reader is in an unwanted, unhealthy relationship she can't quite escape

"Of course Y/N won Cards Against Humanity—she has the most perverse sense of humor I've ever encountered," I can hear Steve lamenting from the next room.

I hang over the back of the couch to peek in where he fixes himself a bowl of ice cream. "Suck my dick, Captain Spandex."

Steve throws his arms up in defeat. "See what I mean!?" He points to me before turning to look at Bucky, who only smirks while trying to make up his mind on which sprinkles he'd prefer on his sundae. Steve tilts his head in my direction. "You don't even have a dick, Y/N."

From around the room four separate people gasp: "LANGUAGE!" at the same time—me being one of them, of course.

Steve rolls his eyes.

"It's a figure of speech," I explain with a shrug. I slide off the couch and join him and the metal armed hunk by the ice cream. Wanda's struggling to scoop herself some of the rock hard vanilla. I smile a bit to myself as Bucky quietly offers to help her.

"Is it? Is it really a figure of speech?" Steve still argues with me.

I steal the jar of fudge sauce he holds. "Yes. Don't question me, boy."

Bucky regards both of us, his best friend Cap and the enhanced agent girl, and chuckles. "I wouldn't question her, man. She could probably take you."

"Oh I know I could." I grin and help myself to a bowl. Humming over chocolate or vanilla, I place myself precariously close to Bucky's body. I quite like the closeness of him, I will admit. I can't explain why. And I very much appreciate how he doesn't move away as I inch closer—even going as far to reach around him for a spoon and brushing my hand along his side. "No one's safe from my wrath." I wiggle my eyebrows with a wink. Bucky smiles halfway and coyly looks away.

"Are we talking about Y/N's wrath?" Tony Stark's voice comes into the mix. He's been hiding away in his office this evening while the rest of us play games. It's raining outside and we're supposed to be "bonding". I suggested truth or dare and they all called me juvenile. Rude, if you ask me.

"Because I'm afraid I am acutely aware of her wrath. The laundry type, to be specific." Tony swiftly grabs my bowl of ice cream to eat for himself. "Thanks, kid."

"Hey asshole—I told you that was an accident." I cross my arms. "And that's my ice cream!"

"What was an accident?" Wanda laughs. She looks between me and Stark with her spoon between her lips.

Sam offers, "Y/N accidentally turned all of Stark's whites pink. Shirts, socks, underwear... all of it."

"Don't emphasize accidentally as if it wasn't. It was, and I swear it." I cross my arms.

"Swear it? On what? Your laundering honor? Now that's not something very stable to go swearing upon," Stark tuts teasingly.

Bucky's over at the table with Steve. He nods to the seat next to him when he notices me walking over. Smiling, I happily oblige. "Let's discuss your honor for a moment, Stark. You ditch us for game night and then come down for dessert? Talk about rude." I stick my tongue out at him and he laughs.

"Actually, I came down here on other accords. But I thought I'd reward myself with a treat, yes." Tony pulls out a chair at the end of the table over where Nat would usually sit. She's visiting Clint at his farm this week. The only other people here tonight are Bucky, Steve, me, Wanda, Sam, and a very quiet Vision. He seems to be kinda moody tonight, but I haven't had the time to ask what's wrong.