89. BUCKY: The Fake Date

A/N: I've been working on this imagine here for, oh I don't know, about four months now?? It's been a real long time coming but I have to say I rather like how it turned out :) Hope you all do, too!

Requests will be up soon :) Thanks for reading!

Winnie

(PS. The gif above inspired the whole story and fits so perfectly and I'm very happy about that)

Words: 6.1K

"OH BUUUUUCKY! BUCKY BAAAAARNES!" At the top of your lungs you sing his name. Prancing around the compound and hollering for the super soldier seems to be doing you no favors as you've been doing it for ten minutes now with not a spot of luck. With a grunt you spot some human life in the kitchen. You smile when you see that it's Steve in there with Wanda.

"Hey!" you shamelessly interrupt their conversation by catapulting yourself between them. They blink at you and raise eyebrows. "Either of you seen Bucky anywhere?" You bounce your weight from one leg to the other.

"No," Steve replies curtly. He takes a bite out of a pear and chuckles when you groan in annoyance.

"I last saw him outside. I think he was going to go swimming with Sam." Wanda shrugs.

Steve leans his lower back on the rigid counter behind him. "What do you need Bucky for anyway?"

"He owes me a favor," you boast with a triumphant smile and a quick rise onto your tippy toes. "And I'm cashing in today."

Wanda laughs and Steve quickly does the same as you dash off again. "Thanks guys! See you! Love you!"

"Don't be late for dinner again...!" is the last thing you hear Steve AKA your wanna-be adoptive father call after you. It's equally adorable and obnoxious how he tries to parent you since you joined the team as the newest orphan and youngest member when you were 19. Now you're 23 and he still thinks you're 12. You're not a child but Steve sometimes treats you like one.

Oh well—Steve's not the super soldier on your mind right now. The one you're looking for is brooding with freshly chopped chestnut hair and a gleaming metal arm...

"AH! Just the assassin I was looking for," you sing-song on your way out towards the swimming pool. Your chiming call draws Sam's and Bucky's attention to the pool gate as you come forward. Nat's in one of the loungers taking a nap. She hardly stirs as you skip past her.

"Oh hey Y/N!" Sam cheers. He props himself out of the water partially by his arms. "Are you coming to swim?"

Clint appears from behind the towel tower. "Water's great, kid."

"Not now, maybe later." You come closer to the edge of the pool near the ladder that disappears into the deep end below. "I'm here to talk to Bucky."

"What is it, squirt?" Bucky knocks his head from side to side to get some of the lodged water out of his ears. You watch on amusedly as he does this for a few moments before answering his reasonable question.

"I'm cashing in my favor."

"What?" Bucky treads water and stares up at you with feigned confusion. "What favor?"

You roll your eyes. "Don't play coy with me. You owe me a favor and you know it." At the front of your chest you cross your arms and wait for him to say something. When he doesn't you decide to carry on as if he had. "And I need to cash it out in the form of a fake date."