2nd February 2012

02/02/2012
JB

 Seeing my sister again was strange. We had always been close as kids, yet once she started at the Academy and with the pressure put on her by Dad to do our family name proud, we had started to drift apart. We’re family, we’re always there for one another, but while I thought she was nothing more than my annoying kid sister determined to be normal, she was actually on her way to becoming an amazing Hunter.

There is so much I want to say to her, but I can never find the right words. I still think about that night more than I should. I have nightmares from it all the time and in those, I lose her. The Slayer isn’t there to save her life. And neither can I thanks to her stubbornness and determination so it ends with her going through the portal instead of him, instead of me. When she said goodbye, telling that snake demon to hold me back – how could I have kept going after that? Even now, the thought of having to stand there and tell my parents she died makes me break out in a sweat.

But she isn’t dead.

She is alive and feistier than ever.

I think CJ was onto something, saying we should have left her alone. She clearly has a good thing going here and yet if she was as happy as she made out, she never would have ended up rocking up at our room with the Tracker. I know telling her about the other Hunters being missing was a cheap shot, but he was too eager to jump back into it.

We have to go see the other team this morning, once that is done we’ll go back to my sister’s house and tell her what’s going on. I can’t shake the feeling something bad is going to happen so as soon as CJ is ready, I can’t wait to talk to the others. They seem to think there is something going on with Aaron, but it’s hard to say. There have been odd reports all over the place, but considering no one knows who Aaron is or what he looks like, the sketching that they came up with from our descriptions aren’t that clear. There is only the Slayer and my sister who have seen him clearly, long enough to remember him. It’s why that Slayer is leading the search, but the Hunters we’re working with seem to think they’re onto something. I miss the days when we stuck to our own areas of expertise. Since we’ve been caught up in the vampire and werewolf issues, things have only been getting even more complicated.

The sooner we get him back to the Council of Treaty Keepers the better and hopefully no one else will get hurt in the meantime – including the Tracker because I think if we leave him and my sister alone for too long the outcome won’t be pretty. It is kind of funny though, CJ doesn’t think so and neither does he, but that’s my sister for you. I’m surprised she let CJ off the hook so easily after their past experiences – and the Slayer. Apparently their friends now? I don’t know, I’m staying out of it.

Bring back the days of just your typical, everyday demon hunting, I’m good with that. The rest, not so much.