Thirty Four | Part One.

Marathon runners, when near the point of exhaustion can get something called a second wind. Then again, you might have had a really big night out, be hung over and surviving on two hours of sleep, when suddenly, you get your second wind. You wake up. Your body believes your willpower and the need to carry on and obliges. I'm pretty sure I remember reading something scientific about the body learning to work with what you've given it, I don't know. Stuff happens, you get more energy - you power on.  

I was onto my third, maybe fourth round of 'second wind'. 

As soon Darius had me standing again, the aches faded to a dull pain, my muscles seemed to strengthen and I felt like I had about three red bulls all in a row. Angry red bulls, because I was seeing red. It was his fault this was happening and now, now, of all times he decides to just waltz right in and end it? Was that what he was even doing or had he come to only encourage them all to keep going?

Darius's head snapped to the side from the force of my hit. Drac hadn't moved an inch since we made the great revelation on who we were in the presence of, and I didn't care. More became clear to me as I hit him again and clearly he wasn't expecting any of this as I kicked him and he fell into the dirt. 

"You!" I roared, in the closest thing I have ever made to a battle cry.

"Considering you avenged my murder, I wasn't expecting this!" He was practically laughing as this time he did stop me from hitting him and I was pushed away.

"That's because I know who you really are now! All this time!" My anger made me stronger; possibly stupider too. "You. Asshole. I won't let you-"

Note to self. Don't piss off god, original vampire, creature, thing. They are stronger than anything else in this world, and as my back hit the dirt, that rib I'm pretty sure I'd broken responded. I was left crying out in complete agony and since he had yanked my arms up above my head, pinning me down, I couldn't move to try and ease the pressure.

"You won't let me what? From this angle Hunter, you really need to re-evaluate your options."

I saw Dracula move with my axe was in his hand and didn't doubt his intentions. "I think you're more at risk right now."

Darius, well, Cain only smirked and was gone instantly, barely straining against Dracula as he took the weapon from him. The duo began to circle one another and trying to hold back the screams I had inside, I crawled away from them.

"Do you really think you can defeat me?" Cain challenged.

"Things have changed sire!" Came the reply, before the pair started to speak in a language I didn't know. I don't even think it was one that even the highest achieves would recognize as it sounded like something you'd get subtitles for in movies when they read ancient texts in Latin.

Maybe it was Latin?

"You stupid fool!" Cain laughed, infuriating his opponent.

"Not this time!" Dracula hissed, clearly trying to do something with what ever magic he had.

It became obvious then that Cain was only toying with his one time progeny. It didn't matter if the attack came in the form of words, magic or swordmanship, it was all pointless. 

"Hunter, we will take you to have your wounds tended to!" Paytah comes up behind me, and I don't protest as he gets me up.

"I can't go yet, we need to stop the Warlocks!" I tell him, pointing back to where the magic battle is still raging.

"You can not fight. You are weak and injured."

"No." I tell him firmly, and his companion growls at me.