4th February 2012

04/02/2012
JB

I've never seen my sister so, defeated. I got to her place about 730 and she wasn't even interested in dinner. I promised Mum I'd call and let them speak, she didn't even argue about that or with Dad. Then she just cried for a bit before falling asleep on me. The Tracker had said her 'boyfriend' was here when he got her home, maybe that had something to do with it. I didn't ask her anything about that, and I also didn't tell her CJ and the Tracker were set up outside, as well as a few from the Slayers team. 

We're taught not to believe in coincidences, to follow our gut instinct. I'm with the Slayer in thinking that something about this whole thing is off.

I don't want to put down our Hunter friends or even that Tracker girl, but they're not special by any means. Their only claim to any kind of fame is being there the night of the portal, or with the Tracker, she had history with Selene. Sure covens of vamps get together, but it is an old concept. Now they are more adapting to human life, safety isn't really in numbers for them, especially not how many were in that group.

So this group could be kicking it old school and capture themselves a couple of hunters and a tracker, who just happen to be those three (even though they were travelling in seperate groups) to do what ever horrible and demented things vampires tend to do when they get their hands on us.

Or they could be part of something more.

We found my sister completely by chance. What if someone else was trying to find her too, someone who had access to the kind of dark magic that could locate people, but had just as much luck as we did finding her. Our last demon was a tough kill, all of them have been since the portal. We had some close calls, closer than I'll ever admit - what if we weren't meant to be killed those times, what if they had to catch not kill orders and we just fucked it up?

Hearing her friends were missing got my sister out of hiding (if we had been caught, she would have done the same thing) I'm sure she never meant for any of it to be like this and the other team never found anything out there and because at the time,. The warehouse was empty and judging by how many nights the Hunter told us they were there, they had arrived after the other team would have searched the place.

It would make sense to check out a location that previously been searched by someone else, to see if you could find anything they missed. The Slayer thinks it's Aaron. I think he's right and that this was all just a test or something and this isn't one I think we want to pass.

It's nearly two in the morning and I've just the let Tracker in after his watch. Hope my sister doesn't mind the extra house guests when she wakes up. The snake demon doesn't seem to mind...