31st March 2012

Dear Bob,

So Darius’s bar has a new owner; a leopard-shifter called Leo. He seems nice and I’ve been giving him lessons in how the bar runs by being a practice customer for the last couple of nights. Tonight though, Logan came with me, and soon discovered it wasn’t my first visit (he wasn’t impressed), which made things really uncomfortably as he didn’t want to yell at me in front of a stranger, especially one that comes under his area of expertise.

Oh if only he knew…

I’ve made no progress in getting the answers I want about certain things, people and events. So instead, I'll keep drinking from the top shelf and complain about how sore everything is, in attempt to wear down his patience and have him tell me what I want to know... so far I would say it isn't working.

But I can be patient too? Yes, yes I can.

Zane was acting weird today. At breakfast he barely said hello, and from what I could get out of the group he’d been training with, they didn’t know why. One did say he had been trying to contact Ailin, a lot. My gut tells me its something bad, and I caught him just before Logan and I went to leave to bar. He didn’t look me in the eye once and practically ran away. Logan doesn’t know anything either and my parents are trying to get the academy back to normal; they’ve had classes all day keeping them ‘busy’. The students came back by the busload yesterday, and construction has already started on fixing up the damaged section of the building.

Paytah and the three men of his pack who survived left today to go home. I am ‘a friend of the pack’ so that pretty much means I’ll always be welcomed in their realm. Paytah gave me a piece of moonstone and said if I wanted to find them, it would know what to do. Logan wasn’t impressed by that either.  V went with a demon and a council member last night. Apparently he's accepted a job that was offered to him so that’s going to be interesting.

I’m actually sad to see them all go. We’ve been through a lot together, he may be a stupid vampire, but he’s also my friend.

The Van Helsings left too, with Sam. I’m going to miss having Drew and Nigel around. Not Tom. We got into an argument, well, I wouldn't really call it that. A disagreement that I started and ended by smashing his face into the table as I walked past him. I don’t think anyone thought I could actually get physical and it hurt, but it was worth it. Jordan had me restrained before I could do myself any extra injuries. Knowing we were sitting a table behind him, Tom had the balls to not only brag about taking out Drac, but to then tell the others at his table, it was because I was too weak to do it myself. The jerk then started to make up stories about our time together at the Warehouse and how he captured V.

I had tried to ignore it, like Jordan and Penny told me to do, but I’m just not that great at being the bigger person. On the upside, I got that stupid smug look off his face and when I went to say goodbye to Drew and Nigel, fear was there instead. God I hate him. Sam had been there too, glaring at me as she seemed keen in protecting her "boyfriend". Penny offered to beat her up, positive she’d be able to take her, and I almost let her. Tom’s cheek was still sore looking from the table incident so I let it go. Maybe I can be the bigger person after all, just like how I can be patient....

So now it’s pretty much a few leftover people of our kind, the staff, students and a great big elephant in the room no one is willing to talk about…. but I’m hoping to change that. Thanks to Leo and his double shot pours of $200 whisky, I’m feeling better than I have all week and can hopefully work out what is going on because when Zane did run off, I got Penny to follow him and found out there was a meeting going on tonight while everyone presumed Logan and I would be gone until dawn.

Once Logan has finsihed doing what ever it is he doing now, we're going to check it out and well, I hope they don’t mind us crashing their party.

Elise Bunting
(slightly tipsy ninja)