14th April 2012

Dear Bob,

A year ago today, I was fighting for my life.

We all were. Selene had opened the portal using Jordan and I, the Lord Alpha was released, and so were so many other monsters from the Other World. 

I survived. I survived because of a Slayer called Reece Black.  

A year ago today, he died. 

Don't ever forget him. Future readers, if you see this and ask yourself, who is he? Go and research him. Go and learn why we need all need to remember him. His sacrifice was for more than just my life. He closed the portal. He saved the world. 

I don't feel guilty anymore. I don't feel the start of a panic attack, or any of the pain I did before. I know he is in a better place. I know he doesn't blame me. I know he is happy. That is all I can ask for. It may sound selfish, but the weight of his death is no longer on my shoulders. 

I'm not the same person I was then, I think for the better. I feel older, wiser, but still me. I'm not going to stop making mistakes, I'm still only human, but I'm trying to be more mature. Logan says that will never happen, but I tell him to shut up.

Maybe he has a point.

Like I told you in my last entry, we're beyond enjoying our hotel. Fiji is amazing, just like Logan said it was. We sleep in, we swim, eat and well, we're happy ;) Really happy. I don't ever want to leave, even if Ailin is very kindly sending us a few jobs from the Network since we're here. Logan had to go and  'talk' to a dark fae that was preying on tourists last night. Luckily she'd heard of me, and that alone stopped me from having to get involved.

I'm still kind of useless, but my stomach is healed, scarless like Leo predicted. My ribs are still sensitive, but my bruises and scratches are gone now. I think the sea water helps. Our room is actually a little hut that comes off the main jetty. The floor in the living room are glass and we can see the sea life below.

It's unbelievably beautiful.

I never want to leave, and Logan isn't in a hurry to do so. We've been here for four days now, it feels like longer and everything that has happened this year is from another lifetime. 

Anippe is up to the transforming into her demon stage now. Mum emailed me a picture of them this morning and Alfie was in his form too, which is weird. He rarely goes like that, but I guess since Ani is, he is too. She also told me Jordan and CJ have finally left the Academy too. I think they're meeting up with Zane as Ailin has a few loose ends the Council are working to tie up after, well, everything. Penny is with them too, despite her Dad's protest. Good on her.

Anyway, we're going to go on a sunset dinner cruise tonight. We're hoping to catch sight of a mermaid or two as well, as that was one of the other jobs Ailin had sent us. Last month, two divers were eaten and sharks got the blame. If there wasn't a pod of them recorded as living near the attack area, and also the fact that these attacks have actually been happening every two months. Logan wants to get the work side of things done asap so we spend the rest of the time here working on our tans and well, other things... but tonight, I'm more interested in the drinks package, the sunset and my boyfriend.

Bula!*

Elise Bunting
(holiday taker)

-----------------

*Bula is a Fijian word, which means anything from hello, goodbye, welcome, love etc :)