Five.

Since everyone was leaving me alone, I was quickly ticking things off my to do list. I’d emailed our President and requested my access back to the network and after messing around under Jordan’s name actually started to try and find some kind of clue of who Aaron was. It didn’t help that everyone was walking on eggshells around me. Even Keiran and Raya acted like total strangers now and I wondered what was the point of it all if now I had the mark against my name of not only being the disgraced Hunter, but also the one who was nearly turned into a vampire.

In some ways it made me feel closer to Reece, only I shouldn’t be complaining over a bit of social exclusion considering with each day more and more of the vampire blood that was lingering in my system was leaving me. He didn't get that kind of luxury and had to suffer through it all and besides I’d never really had a lot of friends anyway so it’s not like I’d ever admit their silence hurt.

From where I was curled in the corner of my living room, Jordan came storming in from outside with the usual crowd behind him. What I didn’t expect was Sam to be with them and despite Logan and I working on being friends again and hearing from Chris and Zane regarding her relationship history with the Tracker, I just couldn’t try to like her.

“What is this nonsense about you deciding to go rogue?” Jordan demanded and frowning it took me a second to remember the rather drunken conversation I had last night with my baby sitter, some girl from Zanes’ team. Clearly she didn’t know when I was joking and also couldn’t keep her mouth shut. Good thing I didn’t get talking about my love life.

“Does it matter? What if Ron cuts me loose and I’m left on the outside?” Deciding to play along, I couldn’t resist not stirring him up.

“He wouldn’t do that!”

“Are you sure? I’m not his favorite person.” I reminded him, thinking of our past. He had been all too willing to set me up in the civilian world.

“Yes I’m sure! You have all of us behind you, besides even if he did, which he won’t - you’re fucking insane if you think Mum and Dad will let you do that!” Jordan carried on ranting.

“They wouldn’t have to know!” I pointed out, knowing that was a lie.

“Of all the stupid ideas and ridiculous shit you have come up with lately, going out on your own is just, no. What will you do, sell your services to humans like some kind of assassin or still be a demon hunter who has no support or back up?”

“You’ve clearly been thinking about this more than me. Chill bro!”

“You do realize by carrying on like that she’s probably going to do it now right?” Chris joined into the argument, and the four jerks in my life had me trapped on my corner of the lounge as they stood in front of me.

“Jordan’s right though, I wouldn’t let you do that either. We’d make him take you back.” Zane, for the first time ever, agreed with Jordan.

“It was just some drunken rambling. Gosh!” Rolling my eyes only made them angrier.

“You can’t say things like that and not take it seriously!” Jordan wasn’t done lecturing me yet. I’d already heard about how I should be proud of our heritage and what he thought of people who traded in their abilities for a whole new skill set.

“I am taking it seriously, I didn’t even mean it!”

“Come with me, we can ease you back into some training and get you focused on being a Hunter again.” I knew Zane was leaving tomorrow, all searches and bait attempts at luring Aaron out had failed and even I was positive he wasn’t around now.  Zane goes where his works go and it wasn’t here anymore, but he was still missing the point. I had no intention of going through with any of that. If Ron didn’t take me back, well I would just tag along with them or hang out back at the Academy with my parents and Alfie. Things had a way of working themselves out.