Thirty Four | Part Two

We keep going in silence and dark puddles of sticky goo act as a reminder of the demons that had just been attacking. At least that was one down, now we only had three to go. It can't be that hard if she went like that, V could be right. Surprise attack, behead them and we'll home before midnight. 

Then again, someone was missing from all of this. "Where is Cain?"

"I don't know. He disappeared when the Van Helsings, well the eldest one, refused to listen to him and wouldn't stop trying to attack both he and Dracula."

"You're kidding. Tom actually went against Cain to try and kill him?" Tom deserved to be locked up for that stupidity.

"Yes." V sighed, and the second I saw my Mum I ran nearly as fast as I had to get to the Necromancer.

"Mum!" I screamed, and she instantly dropped her bow to meet me half way. "You're okay! You're here!"

"I am Ellie!" She held me tight, a sob of relief leaving her as I felt myself being crushed from behind.

"That's my girl!" Dad mumbled, just as emotional.

They were okay.

I was released and looking at them, they weren't okay. This was taking its toll on all of us and the only comfort I had was knowing that Alfie could help and wounds would heal. All around us, our side was regrouping. Vampires, shifters, werewolves and who know what kind of demons were hidden underneath human skins stood united, adjusting weapons and reloading guns. Our kind helped each other, and the creatures that stood with us. The injured were moved behind the strong and looking around, my people were missing.

"Where is Jordan, Logan?" I kept searching, "Penny? CJ?"

"I haven't seen Penny since we got half way here and CJ has been missing for even longer." Dad tells me softly.

And Logan, Jordan - he didn't mention them.

"Jordan is here, somewhere. Logan too."

That's it? That's all they have to say?

"Elise," Mum reaches out to hold my arm as I start to drift towards our dead. They were carefully being collected from around us, and kept out of harm’s way. "Don't."

Nothing else matters as instead I check the faces as they're all being laid down in a row. A young girl, barely sixteen and a white witch stands by them with tears staining her checks and one by one, the bodies are wrapped with vines as she calls them up. They're not there. I do recognise some of the ones from Zane’s' team and while I'm walking along, I bump into Ronaldo and Julios.

"Bunting!" Our Presidents' relief is obvious as he sees me. "I haven't you seen you around?"

"I just got here." I feel unworthy, turning up, practically healed - while the dead are prepared beside us.

"Elle? Ellie!" Jordan calls out, pushing past a leopard and a lioness who snarl at his actions as he passes.

Three down.

Where are you Logan?

I hug him like it's been months since we last saw each other. He isn't too badly hurt, not like the others anyway. He's limping though, and his shirt is stained with blood in the way that tells its coming from him. He's okay though. We're acting like it's over, but really it’s like the intermission before the next part. All around us the magic is holding strong, a sign that it's far from over. When I let Jordan go, everything from the night starts eat at me, worse than any injury as this is all mental and emotional and out of my control.