Six.

Hey everyone, I know I said updates would be every Friday, but I've been sick this week. I hope this chapter makes sense, my brain is like mush but didnt want to keep you waiting too much longer! So apologies in advance for extra bad typos and ramblings....  ER x

---

Rolling out of bed, it wasn’t quite dawn. I hardly slept despite knowing Zane was out with his team doing what Aaron wanted, which was focusing on protecting me instead of looking for him. Good thing I didn’t need much sleep and after writing in iBob, I thought over what I had decided in my latest entry. I had to try and let go of the resentment I held for Sam and Logan. It was in the past.

I took the first shower since the whole house was still asleep and once I was done and getting dressed, letting go of the past left me feeling rather, chirpy. With my good mood only growing, I decided to play the perfect host and have breakfast ready for Zane when he got in. He’d be in by six and by the time I was done cooking for him, the others would be starting to wake up so I might as well make enough for all of them.

Tying up my hair, I headed out into the living room and glancing over at the sofa I froze. In the dim light of the room I could see Logan was spread out all over it sound asleep. I had gone to bed first, so didn’t know he’d crashed out here. It was a pretty common occurrence, sharing a room with Chris and Jordan wasn’t my idea of a good time either and since Zane claimed the other room for himself, no one was going to fight with him about sharing.

The part that had me stopping was seeing Sam laying all over him. His arm went over her shoulders, holding her close. Flicking on the light, they didn’t move and now I could clearly see how she was snuggled against his chest. She fitted along him rather perfectly, her smaller size letting her lay literally on him without any issues and the throw rug covered their legs. My first instinct was to throw a cushion at them, or get the hose from outside and spray them apart, but I would take the high road.

I didn’t have any claim over Logan and his choices. Sam was a grown up and could do what she wanted, which apparently meant sleeping where and with whom she wanted, in my house. Turning of light I only rolled my eyes and tried not to disturb them as I kept walking. Like I said in my diary, we’re all adults.

Going into the kitchen I opened the cupboard where all the pots and frying pans were kept. Pulling out two of the bigger pots, I underestimated their weight and my grip slipped causing them to accidently fall onto the counter with a large bang. If that didn’t wake the neighbors, letting the lids fall onto the floor and the two frying pans clang together as I slammed them onto the counter probably did.

“What was that?” I heard Jordan ask as he came out, and with the pan I was looking for set on the stove, I made even more noise shoving them all back in the cupboard, slamming the door as Jordan and Logan appeared in the doorway. “It’s not even six o’clock! What the fuck?”

“Sorry Jords, go back to bed, I’ll let you know when breakfast is ready.” I turned smiling as innocently as I could manage, not even looking at Logan. Gripping the frying pan handle, I was mostly tempted to start hitting him with it.

“I thought we were under attack or something, what the hell were you doing?” Chris appeared, yawning loudly.

“If we were, the time it took you to respond would mostly result in you being killed already,” I pointed out, “but sorry for waking you. Whoever put the dishes away didn’t do a very good job. They just all started falling out when I opened the cupboard.”

I tried to keep my tone neutral, if not innocent and clearly they bought it. Jordan mumbled something under his breath and disappeared around the corner with Chris following him. Ignoring the fact Logan was still standing there, I got out the ingredients I’d need to make omelets and started to prepare the food.