21st February 2012

iBob,

My life is hell.

Why? Let me break it down for you.

- School, well the Academy.
The one place you dream of getting out of, to only then return to as adult and be treated as a student all over again. At least Huntington is back to being her almost kind of cool and tolerable self. We had a random D&M over coffee, mostly about the whole nearly being turned into a vamp thing. So maybe that side of being here isn't so bad. It helped. A lot. 

- Living with parents.
Again, I've done my time living under their roof. I left the nest and made it on my own as a self sufficient, totally independent new age woman. Except now I'm back to being a thirteen year old who has to do chores and live by their rules. I didn't do that the first time round, so no idea why they're expecting me to do it now. So far all hell has broken loose between me and Dad four times. So... kind of once a day. 

- Having a bounty on my head
Because of this and the stupid amount of money V offered for my capture, I am stuck with the above until further notice.

My day starts with Dad waking me at four to join the morning torture sessions (usually the cause of the above mentioned fights). He is the only one who dares get me up for these as in all my years at the academy I only did this for my first Semester. The then gym teacher learned quickly that I don't do mornings well and backed off after I got a demon I met at Darius's bar the night before to freeze our school pool and I also damaged the hot water system to his bathroom.

Thing is, if I don't get up he has Alfie drag me out of bed and i doesn't matter what I command him, the traitor doesn't listen. I think he has developed a sense of humor and i don't appreciate it.

Worse than that, what Logan and I get put through is different to the students. Dad's sessions make Zane look like he is training toddlers. I'm pretty sure he is trying to kill me. Or maybe Logan.... I had no idea how prudish my parents can be. They're worse than Jordan and his no kissing around me policy. Dad rarely even leaves us alone in the same room for more than a minute.

I'm suffocating.

Because I left on my first night there, I'm under more supervision than that dickhead Rick. Dad is being really weird. Like secret phone calls during the night and asking me about my dreams and shit. I know it's to do with Dracula, but it's like no one wants to admit it. He's not like Beetle Juice or The Candyman and say his name a bunch of times for him to appear. I get they're being cautious because of the students, but we've had Sonia and some of her coven doing protection/cloaking spells and shit and besides, everything has gone quiet with all of that. Well, that's what I'm being told.

Me: So how did they go getting Julio and Robyn

Mum/Dad/Logan/Anyone: Oh yeah, they're working on it.

Me: Anyone heard about Drac or V lately?

Mum/Dad/Logan/Anyone: Nothing new.  I'm sure it's under control

Me: Gonna tell me anything or am I going to have get out of here and go find out for myself?

Mum/Dad/Logan/Anyone: ..... Well I haven't said that yet, but you know the reaction I'll get if I did.

It's so hard iBob. Part of me wants to leave. Part of me knows to stay. It's like the devil and angel on my shoulders are as conflicted as I am. While Logan tries to play along, I was watching him with my parents at breakfast and I don't think they're telling him either. I think they're paranoid he will cave and fill me in. Kind of clever really. They also don't talk when Alfie is around to hear. It also doesn't help that Zane isn't answering my calls, (which sucks cause I kinda miss the big idiot). Jordan tells me everything is fine. Drew doesn't want to talk about it and Nigel tries to turn everything into some kind of sexual innuendo.

Oh and the cherry on the cake? When I'm not being fussed over by over protective parents, boyfriend or snake and being left out of the loop by the rest of the world - I'm being dragged from class to class giving talks with Logan on 'real life experiences' or helping out with other training where I'm not the one being worked to death.

I gotta do something, I just don't know what yet. 

*Elise spies her mums mobile sitting on the kitchen table, with no one else around other than Alfie*

You know what, I may have an idea on how to start getting some answers.....

Elise Bunting
(Just call me Sherlock)