8th March 2012

Van Helsing, D.
8.3.12

Working with the Kasha has been an interesting experience. Their leader, Ailin, is unlike any demon I have encountered before. I know they are on our side, but she genuinely seems to care about us. All of us; especially EB. She told me some stuff about her past encounters with the demons, it makes me look at them differently. They are definitely more friend than foe, but when ever I try to talk to them about it, or well, if I try to talk to them about anything I get no where. It's infuriating.

Then again, the only one she shows a true fondness for is EB. I understand that. There is just something about her, that while you want to slap some sense into that Hunter, you have to admire and want to protect her too. I kind of regret not taking my chance when I had it, but what chance did I really have? Hanging out with her is awesome though, I can't wait to see her again. Being friends isn't a bad second prize and with all the trouble she gets into, I don't envy the Tracker either. 

Ailin did say, on one of those odd chances she talks about EB is that she is the kind of girl that will fall down seven times, and stand up eight. I think that means she won't give up, but I'm kind of worried one day she will. I don't think she really is like the rest of us, and it's not even because she is female; the other women of our kind aren't like her. Maybe I just haven't met them yet. She takes everything personally, her empathy and compassion are her weakness and that's how the stupid fucking vampire is still alive.

I heard from JB that that when they went to get him, and they got hold of him, EB actually looked after V as if he were one of us. I don't get it. That vampire is trouble and the longer they leave him alive; the more risk it's putting all of us in and her. At least we're back in control of a few things.

Drac is in lock up, which is driving my elderst brother insane. We have the support of the Slayers released from their training facility and our Presidents son and daughter-in-law are all safe in our custody again. We know what their plan is and we're prepared to stop them. The Council members have been contained and now it's daylight, we're sleeping in shifts. Nothing happened last night. I didn't think it would, but despite us taking control of the situation I don't think it's quite done yet.