Fourteen.

We hadn’t gone far when Logan’s voice was a muffled sound echoing towards us. Instantly we all moved quicker and there was no sign of who or what ever had come through and took out the vampires to be found. I really doubted it was all Logans doing though.

Finally his voice got clearer and any fears I had about him being ripped apart by a bear above us vanished and this time we could hear all our names being called. “Elise! Drew! Nigel!”

Leaving the brothers, I started to blindly run to Logan as he frantically called out again. “Fucking answer me Bunny!”

“Logan! We’re here!” I answered, until Drew pulled me back. Looking at him confused, I shrugged out of his hold. “What?”

“What if it is a trap?” He whispered, and I knew he had a point. How could I be so foolish calling out like that? Who knew what else could be lurking around the corner.

Instantly we all moved back into the shadows, staying quiet. Then again, anyone who took out vampires couldn’t be too bad. Could they? Did it really matter if they had Logan.

“Which tunnel are you in?” Logan called out again.

Nigel put his hand over my mouth and the message was clear; don't answer.

“Elise?” Logan called again.

We kept walking.

“Fucking let me go find them!” We could hear Logan talking a little quieter now, but the echo was still there and he definetely wasn’t alone.

“Let my team confirm the perimeter is secured before you go running around the place!” A woman’s voice scolded him.

“She answered before, what if your idiots hurt them?” He accused.

“Then we will provide medical assistance. It could have been a trap.” Came the reply.

We all walked a little faster now and going around another corner we were greeted by soft lamp light and a group of about eight people stood around looking at a map that had been pinned on the wall. Slayers.

“Logan!” All eyes turned to us as I called out, and so did a bunch of guns. Drew and Nigel instantly put their hands up while I just stood there. “You’re kidding right?”

“Oh good, you’re okay!” Logan pushed past a couple of the guards and as he walked towards us, someone stepped out in front of him and two men from behind held him back. “Let me go!”

“They haven’t been checked.” The same woman he had been arguing with before snapped from behind the guns. Clearly she was the leader and maybe I really do have an issue with authority because already she was pissing me off.

“Checked?” Drew questioned.

“Yes, how do we know you’re not in the process of being changed?” She finally stepped forward and my heart stopped as I was looking in the face of Alison Winters. The more I stared, I began to doubt if it was actually her. The eyes seemed a little rounder, browner and her hair was the wrong shade of blonde. It didn’t stop me from getting defensive and the whole situation failed to exist as I glared at her.

“Who the hell are you?” I demanded. I know Logan is always telling me to be nicer to people and Jordan says I need to work on my social skills, but no one in that family was getting anything from me again.

“I am in charge of this operation that you three nearly ruined by doing here. That’s all you need to know!” The Slayer had more attitude than I did. Being In charge or older than me meant nothing as Tom and Danielle had been learning these last couple of weeks and all I saw was red the longer I looked at her.