Twenty Five

"Bunny, it's nearly sunset." Logan whispered, and taking a deep breath, I slowly opened my eyes to find the room bathed in deep orange light. It was as if the world was on fire.

Looking out the floor length window in front of us, the gardens surrounding the mansion were of a similar colour, with the sky streaked with a mixture of pink and purple against a navy sky. Curled against Logan's side, I was warm, comfortable and could have easily stayed in place for much longer.

Turning to Logan, I kissed his chin before snuggling in closer, and dared to close my eyes again. "I don't want to get up!"

"You never do, but you're going to!" He rested his cheek on the top of my head, and while he was right,  I wasn't going to do it a minute sooner than I had to.

"Am I interrupting?" V  walked in, sitting on the free end of the lounge.

His hair was damp and his cologne was strong in air, clearly just applied. Since his clothing was blood free, someone had obviously just had a shower before coming down.

"Always." Logan mumbled under his breath.

"So what's the plan for tonight? Ordering in pizza, a couple of movies and just staying in?" The vampire is nearly bouncing with excitement, actually looking rather carefree and happy?

"Yeah no. We're waiting to hear from the others and then we'll be-" I start, finally sitting up off Logan.

"Meeting up for a few drinks in town?" V asks hopefully.

"What is wrong with you?" It comes out harsher than intended, but he is like a friggin ray of sunshine right now and I'm not in the mood for it.

What happened to vampires being dark, sullen, tormented creatures of the night?

"Nothing is wrong with me, I just thought you two may have had time to come to your senses and forgot all this drama!" He argues.

It's then Logan's phone rings and he swiftly gets up to answer it.

"Don't answer that!" V tells him, ditching his preppy attitude. In seconds he is in front of Logan and snatching the device from his hands. "Trust me. It's going to work out so much easier if you just walk away!"

"We can't and you know it!" Logan answers a little regretfully and takes the phone back. "Hello?"

Logan looks over at me and I nod, a clear sign I agree with him. V huffs and turns to walk out.

"Where are you going?" I demand, standing.

"Away. Far, far, far away!" He sings back.

 "No you're not!"

V simply holds his hand up and waves goodbye as he opens the door. I look at Logan who only shakes his head, and I think this whole ordeal is starting age him prematurely as lines have appeared on his forehead from where he always seems to be frowning. I can't help feel responsible for that. His eyes widen and he reaches out to grab me as I give chase. 

"Gotta go, see you soon!" He quickly mumbles behind me and getting into the corridor, I don't hesitate in tackling V. 

He must have been expecting it because as he falls forward, V twists it around so I am the one being held down. 

 "Is this how you want to persuade me to stay?" He grins wickedly, and despite my struggling underneath him, he doesn't budge. His mouth is against my neck, as I feel my heart stop, stuck thinking about the last time I was in this part of the house and he did that. The bastard had stabbed me after feeding off me. Fear takes over; that was then. He wouldn't do it again. Would he?