Twelve.

The weight of Logan slipping back into bed beside me, forced my eyes to open. Groaning I rolled over slightly, frowning as I reached the cold section of bedding. Since he got up, I had taken over the middle where ihe had been minutes earlier. The curtains blocked out the majority of sunlight and since we had gone to bed, little sleep had been taking place. Despite still feeling the afterglow of the moment, I was tired. The night had caught up to me and what ever rush had fueled the morning was all gone.

As Logan got settled back in I returned to his side so we were now lying face to face, silent - just absorbing each others presence. Nothing else really mattered right now. Just us.

Logan and I.

Me and Logan. 

Weird.

"What's the time?" Of course I ruin the moment by speaking first.

"Nearly ten."

I feel his lips on my cheek, before the pressure of his forehead is against mine. I want to make some kind of sarcastic comment about personal space or his breath, but I'm enjoying it too much. Plus he just brushed his teeth so he was minty fresh. 

"Get some sleep Bunny." For the first time in history, I do as he says. Not that I could force myself to stay awake any longer anyway.

-x-

"Bye baby Bunting, Daddy's gone a hunting. Gone to fetch a shifter skin, to wrap his baby Bunting in..." The chords of the piano repeat the lullaby, a beautiful melody that draws me from my slumber.

"Mum?" I mumble, yawning I look around to find my room deserted. How did I not feel Logan get up?

Again the soft tune in played, only I soon realize it's not my mum singing at all and the voice is male. Panic balloons in my gut; something is wrong. I quickly pull on some clothes and opening my bedroom door, I'm not in my house. Cold, stone walls create a corridor and turning to go back into my room, it's gone. 

Somewhere in the back of mind a voice pipes up, telling me its just a dream, but everything feels too real to believe it. I walk slowly, cautiously looking around and at the end of the passage, the warm orange glow of light lures me in. The stone floor is replaced by wood, the darkness of the walls gone to a nicer cream paint with rich red drapes covering the windows. It's a ballroom and the light radiates down from one of the grandest chandeliers I've ever seen. 

"Bye baby Bunting, time for you to go a hunting. Got to catch the vampire kin and then the baby Bunting will win," he sings from behind the sleek back piano against the back wall. I can't see his face, the hood of his black cape hides it from view and against my better judgment, I walk towards him.

He hits the keys harder, the tune  no longer gentle - blasting through the instrument like something out of Phantom of the Opera. Covering my ears, the noise is too loud and is soon replaced by his cackling laugh. It's then he stands, kicking back the stool so it flies across the room and splinters into pieces. 

"Who are you?" I demand, subtly walking towards the chunks of wood I might be able to use as a weapon. Problem is, I don't think he is a vampire, but getting stabbed in the chest, or anywhere is bound to hurt. The more I try to read him, the less I get. 

Slowly he turns, and I am frozen in place as he pulls back the hood, taking the robe off completely to reveal a man that resembles the guy calling himself Dracula. Tall dark and handsome doesn't quite cut it and as he smiles, I know he is definitely not human. His dark eyes swirl, loosing all sign of white making him look purely demonic and rather confidently he comes closer.

"How presumptuous of me to think you would be able to recognize me Hunter!" He doesn't sound like the vamp. His voice heavy with an English accent that reminds me of royalty. "Then again, we have never been formally introduced."