Twenty Four

Sitting opposite Zane on his bed, his eyes keep glancing up at me while he tries to write in his diary. I don't say anything, just watch and it doesn't take long for him to start getting paranoid. With a sigh, he puts it on the bedside table and looks at me expectantly.

"You didn't have to stop because of me!" I lean back against the wall and he only chuckles to himself.

"What do you want sunshine?"

"Nothing. Can't I come and see my favourite Slayer?" Smiling, he looks at me doubtfully.

"No, not really. It's usually followed with either an act of stupidity or you wanting something."

"That's not true, but since you mentioned it-"

"No." He crosses his arms and the commando style singlet doesn't hide his muscles. So I poke him on his bicep, and manage to get a tiny smile on his otherwise emotionless face.

"Woah, check out the guns! You been working out Zane? Stupid question, of course you have!" He just stares at me, "What if all I want-"

"No."

"Zaaanne!" I give up, whining out his name and I see him flinch. He hates this. "Come on Zaaane! Help a sister out!"

"No."

"You can smell my perfume?" With a groan, he gets up and rather than stand, I jump onto his back. The guy is like a tank! "Zane! Come on! Hear me out?"

Wearing me like a backpack, he says nothing; proceeding to walk out of his room and down the corridor. The people who clearly don't know us watch in a mixture of awe and fear. These aren't the usual's he hangs around. I only reconise about a third of the people from his team that he had before and I wonder if I should maybe tone it down. Yeah right.

"Zane."

"Zaane!"

"Zaney?"

"Zane. Zane. Zane. Zaaaane!"

"Look, I just want to know about Cain!" He stops walking. "Hey, that rhymes! Zane. Cain."

"No."

"Fuck! Come on, why not?" I groan, starting to flick his earlobe with my finger.

"Stop it!" He snaps, going to grab my hand.

"No."

"Elise!" Now he has his annoyed tone on.

"No!" I hold on as he tries to spin me around, "annoying isn't it?"

He keeps walking and he doesn't even knock on Logan's door before entering. "Your girlfriend. Your problem!"

Grabbing my arm, and a leg, he ducks and literally pulls me off his back, dropping me half on Logan and half on the bed. The second he lets me go, I'm about to chase after him, yet now Logan pulls me back and Zane gets away.

"Why did he just carry you in here?" Logan yawns, holding me down.

"Never mind." I give up.

"Good. It's been a long night, go to sleep!"

Since Alfie healed me, I feel fine. If anything a little hyperactive, and sleep is the last thing on my mind. Looking at Logan, he needs it though.

"Yeah you're right!" I yawn, "I better go to my own room. Jord will flip if he knows I'm in here."

"You're a terrible liar."

"What?" It was true.

"You just gave up with Zane, and agreed with me - all within the space of like a minute. What are you up to?"