Twenty Eight

No Cain, next chapter. Sorry! I keep changing how I want him introduced....

----

So many things in life are taken for granted. V was right when he told me that back in the Kasha world. It was a place he had been able to enjoy things I didn't really give much thought about, but he did like daylight and watching the sun rise. Despite him sharing his wisdom, I took my time there for granted, as well as a lot of other stuff in my life. Food being one of those things; fresh air and having my friends and family around to argue with me, which was their own way of showing me they cared a close second and third. If only Jordan woke me up now and said let's get out here; trust my gut instinct. I will follow him to the end of the earth if he appeared and said that to me. 

Thing is, he isn't here now.

No one is.

I know I'm underground. The air is stale, thick and everything smells like dirt. To actually take a full breath is a luxury and I'm left laying here, thinking of everyone and everything I had been taken away from. I want to move and explore, try and find a way out, but I don't know if I can afford to do that. If I didn't have so much room around me, I'd almost think I was in a coffin. 

'Don't panic!' I repeat over and over, my eyes searching the darkness for a clue on how to get out.

I lift my arms and there isn't anything above me. Reaching to the sides, there definitely nothing around.  I let my leg hang off the side of what I'm guessing is a bed and dare to touch the ground with my hand as I roll onto my side. Sand; hard compacted dirt.

That's a start.

Standing, I wait for an alarm to sound, for something to attack me from the darkness - nothing happens. I decide to crawl, carefully reaching in front of me until I hit the rougher, harder structure that makes a wall. It's brick of some kind and I slowly stand, feeling around as I start to follow it. Eight steps to the left, I find a corner. From there, twenty-two steps has me at another one. So far, no door.

Walking around the room, slowly and carefully, I have an idea of the space I am in. The bed doesn't move and even jumping up from it, I don't feel a roof. My chest starts to get tighter, fear of the unknown and of all the horrible possibilities of where or what I could be in, gain more control of my mind.

'Don't panic!'

I rarely listen to other people and right now, I'm not even listening to myself as don't panic, turns into 'stop panicking!'. My sense of time is non-existent and going back to the bed, I sit on the floor trying to calm myself down. I idly start to draw circles on the floor, not sure why. The hardness isn't like how it is over in the corners and rather than use my finger, I use my whole hand and start to wipe at it as if I'm cleaning. Sand, gives way to wood, which then has me starting to dig at it. The floor under the bed isn't like the rest of the room and as I find the little metal circle, I don't think as I pull at it.

The wood is some kind of door and it slides open. Not thinking, I go down feet first, pulling it shut over my head. Somehow, I just know this is the right way to go, that the circles I had been drawing were some kind of clue. It doesn't make sense, but now isn't the time to dwell on it. The narrow, old and broken staircase takes me lower, and on the last step, the air gets cold, yet fresher. I can breath easy again.

Despite being completely blind as it is, I close my eyes and the faintest whisper of a breeze drags across my face, left to right, so I go in the direction of the source. I'm going to be more of a team player after this. I'm not going to be impulsive or stubborn, well, I'll try not being as impulsive or stubborn, so I may try and avoid things like this happening again. I might also talk to one of the light fae or maybe even Hazel, and see about a cleanse or a good luck charm. I don't remember breaking any mirrors, but my luck seems to be wearing thin lately.