13th February 2012

13.02.2012
Zane.T
Slayer

----------------

The bamboo that bends, is stronger than the oak that resists. I don't know where Ailin gets her fortune cookies from, but that demon needs to stop speaking in riddles and start telling me what she knows. 

I haven't been very active in keeping a record of what has been going on this last week, because all of it revolves around EB. I miss the days of working alone, or with RB. Give me a three headed demon, a swarm of vampires or a pack of fucking werewolves and I got it sorted. I know how to hunt, kill, fight - I'm a great team leader and while we may not have been the ones to find V, we did a lot of other jobs too that were successful.

Five minutes with EB and I feel like I'm a complete novice and out of my depth. She doesn't follow my orders like my team. Talking strategics and planning out attacks is pointless because she does everything on a whim. I keep telling her she can't keep doing things that way. She is young, just starting out and lacks the experience I have. The only way she will learn is when things completely fall apart and I'm spending all my time trying to make sure that doesn't happen. It's exhausting.

I'm glad I've never had kids. The amount of stress and worry EB is causing me, I wonder how her father has managed it for so long. Does he even know what is happening now? Is it why Reece made me promise to watch out for her? He was a bit like that when we first met, loyal and strong, but stupid with youth. He should have known I'd be out of my depth with her, but I wouldn't change a thing.

The kid has spirit, despite how reckless she can be, I admire her. Hell, I love her. She is the family I've never had, even when i found out Jodie and I were related we never, bonded, like how EB and I are. She is one of the few I'd do anything for. It's not like she needs me though. She has a brother and CJ and LM. They all care about her - she has her parents too.

Just to recap, EB got V out of confinment as I mentioned she wanted to do. Not sure how, but I think Ailin knows. She wouldn't tell me, instead deflecting with riddles like I opened this with. I think I understand what she means, and how it relates to EB, I just don't know how to approach the situation. I also don't know how me asking her for information was turned into a therapy session on me cluessless as to how to deal with a headstrong teen.

I'm fairly certain the zombies we had to face had something to do with V and EB. Then she got LM involved and Ailin didn't tell me where she found them. Judging by the way Elise was dressed and the fact LM was wet, I have no idea. Not sure I want to know.

What was interesting was the magic stick used to raise the zombies. After letting V get out of custody, the other team took over that investigation. It's an old magic, the source won't be hard to locate. I hope they don't fuck this up too. Actually i hope they do because I will be more than happy to let EB rub it in their faces. I know, real mature Z, but she deserves to get one back at them. 

Since we're back to square one, I'm heading to EB's with her brother, CJ and DVH - driving (once JB finds his keys) since Ailin refuses to act like our own personal travel agent. I know EB knows something, she's been one step ahead of the rest of us this whole time so hopefully she is in a sharing kind of mood. I might bring home lunch as an icebreaker and I hope she isn't pissed over the first part of the night.... then again considering the second I think we're even.