José Altuve

for Allison SweetSeager5

moving into a new house is never easy. Allison quickly learned that after a long, stressful, and unnecessary hot day while unloading all her belongings from a moving truck, into her new home.

Allison wasn't happy at the fact that she had to do all the moving by herself, but she brushed it off since she knew she finally had a house of her own to call hers.

she organized her kitchen before moving onto her living room, then fixing her room up with her bed as she was ready to crash out from the days exhaustion.

Houston heat kills. now she's finally realizing it.

the time was nearing eight o'clock when she had showered and collapsed on her mattress that was surrounded by boxes.

tossing and turning to get comfortable, she had trouble finding sleep due to the noise coming through the closed windows.

"did I really buy a house next to the loudest people ever?" Allison groaned to herself, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

she rose up from her mattress and inched towards the window, trying to hear what exactly her neighbors were shouting about.

when she couldn't make the words out, frustrated and a tired mess, she untied her ponytail to look a little presentable before going to make her complaint.

Allison didn't need to make too many steps out of her house before she heard her neighbors step out, arguing viciously.

an angry woman, along with a timid man who was holding a small baby girl.

"can you hold on just a minute?" the man yelled after the women who was throwing suitcases into the back of her range rover.

"it's over José!" the lady shouted.

"is this really how you want to leave?" the man, "José" retorted. "by having your bags already packed and waiting for me to come back to watch you leave? what about our daughter?"

"your daughter," she corrected. "you say you'll never leave her. so why would I take her away from you?"

Allison froze in her tracks and took a few steps back so she wouldn't be caught eavesdropping.

"why are you taking yourself away from me?"

"I told you," the woman sighed. "I don't love you anymore. you don't act like you're married to me -"

"that doesn't mean you pack up and leave your entire life behind!" José shouted, covering the ears of his baby daughter, obviously.

"I have nothing here," the obvious wife responded coldly.

Allison looked over at a tear-brimming José. "that's what I always was to you? nothing? not even your daughter?"

José'swife walked over to the driver seat and opened the car door. "you grew apart from me. you weren't meant for me and neither was she," she pointed to the baby in José's hands.

"I can't remember why I married you. and I don't know why I did,"

she sat into the seat and quickly drove away roughly before José had the chance to stop her.

Allison remained in her frozen stance, unsure of going to help out her new neighbor or just mind her own business.

she witnessed a glossy-eyed José walk defeated into his house with his oblivious daughter moving around in his arms.