Alex Bregman | 13 |

for Gigi gigiandhergirls

for two years, Alex Bregman felt as if it was a privilege to date his best friend, Gigi. the both of them were LSU alumni's where they both met on the baseball field.

Alex was LSU's superstar shortstop and Gigi was studying to become an athletic trainer, their relationship blossoming as soon as they laid eyes on each other.

however, it took a while for the both of them to get into their actual romantic relationship. they started off as friends, and all they wanted was fun for the both of them.

"do you believe best friends could like each other?" Alex asked Gigi one day, the both of them sitting in the empty seats of Alex Box Stadium.

they were the only two in the park, the moonlight being the only source of light in the night since the field lights were off.

"I believe that's possible," Gigi shrugged. "it's possible in movies and books, that's for sure,"

"what about reality? the normal people like me and you,"

"anything is possible, Alex. you can catch feelings for people who care about you just how you can decide to not have feelings at all," Gigi answered.

Alex's lips made a hard line and he nodded his head. he looked over at Gigi, but couldn't make out any emotion.

"do you care about me, G?" he asked.

"don't ask questions you already know the answers to, Alex," she laughed, gazing at him. "you know I care about you,"

"well, I'm glad you said that," Alex sighed. "because I've been wanting to talk to you about something. about...feelings,"

Gigi stared more intently at him, and she knew. "do you have feelings? for - "

"you," Alex cut her off.

"for me?"

he nodded. "you,"

Gigi and Alex had romantic feelings for each other for two years since that night in Alex Stadium.

together they laughed, joked around, traded insults, and always supported each other's dreams.

Alex's rookie season with the Astros only created more memories for them to share, especially when Gigi was hired on the training staff.

however, the romantic feelings they once shared started fading away as they grew wiser and more mature.

they ultimately decided to split, but never were there any hard feelings.

"I can love you, and still let you go," Alex told Gigi on the night their relationship ended.

"as much as I don't want us to end, I understand what you mean, Alex," Gigi tearfully sighed. "we can break up right now and stop being friends, but you will always mean something to me,"

"who says we have to stop being friends?" Alex quickly responded. "we can still be friends, Gigi. we have to! we can't go a day without speaking,"

"listen to yourself, Alex," Gigi sniffed. "you want to break up but still be friends? when did that ever work?"

"I didn't think best friends could like each other, but we ended up dating, right?" Alex retorted. "if that could happen between us, still being friends is not a problem,"

"Alex,"

"you'll always be my best friend, Gigi,"

a year later, Alex's word stuck between them and he and Gigi were still the best of friends and close as ever.