Carlos Correa | 8 |

for Quin vexus-

Carlos Correa watched in annoyance as his girlfriend Quin was practically glued to his best friend, José.

José was hosting a team party at his house and Carlos and Quin were excited to be there, Quin specifically - in Carlos's eyes.

"not drinking?" their friend, Marwin asked after Carlos declined a bottle of beer from him.

"not tonight," Carlos shook his head and shifted on the couch he was sitting on.

Marwin plopped down beside him. "what's wrong? where's Quin?"

Carlos didn't say a word but instead pointed his finger to where Quin stood next to a halfway drunk José.

"she's pouring his shots," Marwin laughed at her actions. "go take one,"

Carlos stood up and walked over to the pair, grabbing the glass from José and the bottle of alcohol from Quin.

both of them instantly reached to get them back but Carlos lifted his arm in the air where he knew neither of them could reach.

"give them back," Quin laughed, jumping for the bottle.

"don't spill it, Carlitos!" José stumbled from jumping and leaned against the counter.

"no more," Carlos snickered. "no more for the both of you,"

"it's not for me, it's for José!" Quin wrapped her arms around José.

"it's for me!" José exclaimed.

"you're not young anymore," Carlos placed the bottle and glass on the counter and pushed Quin's arms away. "you'll regret this in the morning,"

José shrugged foolishly and once he saw Carlos take a step away from the counter, he quickly grabbed the shot and gulped it, holding the glass with his mouth.

Carlos watched and shook his head as José began dancing to the playing music, disappearing into the living room.

"how are you?" he turned his attention to Quin whose eyes were closed.

she opened them. "I'm fine, just a tiny bit drunk," she shrugged, showing Carlos how drunk she was by indicating with her fingers.

"it's time to go home," he said. "no more drinking,"

"we just got here! it's okay. I'm not even that drunk!"

"you're being to clingy with José," Carlos finally said. "why don't you let him enjoy his party and you come sit with me?"

Quin rolled her eyes, making Carlos upset. she didn't understand why he was so concerned about her friendship with José.

"come on," Carlos held her hand. "before you get drunk like him,"

she snatched her hand away and proceeded to put herself another drink. she did feel herself feeling loose, but she was still far from drunk.

"Quin," Carlos said sharply. "just because José is drunk doesn't mean you have to race to catch up with him. why are you acting this way?"

"why is José such a problem?" Quin couldn't keep the question in any longer. "what's your problem? he's your best friend,"

"exactly! my best friend. not your drinking partner or someone you can flirt with in from of me,"

Quin gave Carlos a quizzical stare and all ounces of alcohol seemed to had disappeared from her body.

she wondered if Carlos really thought that low of her.