George Springer | 3 |

for Kristen KristenCochefski5

Kristen was on her way to Fenway Park to watch her favorite team, the Boston Red Sox play against the Houston Astros.

she was with a few of her friends, getting a head start early to the park since they had tickets to watch batting practice while also hoping to score a few photos and autographs.

Kristen lived a good distance away from Fenway since originally, she lives in Connecticut. but catching a Red Sox game whether she could was never not an option.

good things always happened at Fenway. right?

"will you calm down?" one of Kristen's friends scolded at her. "you're giving me anxiety,"

"I'm ready to go inside," Kristen rolled her eyes, straightening out her Sox jersey and jeans.

"you've seen your precious flow bro's before and already have plenty of photos saved. just relax,"

Kristen ignored her friend's comments and walked silently inside Fenway, quickly walking down the steps to wear her seat was.

she watched in excitement as her favorite team was on the field practicing, some chatting with a few of the Astros players.

after Kristen laid her eyes on Andrew Benintendi and Brock Holt, her eyes went searching for Mookie Betts.

"isn't that the one guy we went to high school with?" her friend asked from beside her, pointing her finger.

Kristen followed the direction of where she was pointing, which happened to be where Betts was standing.

however, she wasn't pointing at Mookie. she was directed her finger to the man next to him.

"George. that's George Springer, isn't it?" her friend asked.

Kristen was able to get a glimpse at the back of his jersey that indeed read "Springer." for some reason, her breathing hitched and a flood of memories rushed into her head.

George was Kristen's best friend all throughout high school.

they met their freshman year in their English class where the both of them chose their seats in the back of the classroom.

Kristen remembered the exact day they first spoke to each other...

there was a light tap on her shoulder and she turned to see who it was.

"do you have a pen I can borrow?" George's timid voice asked her.

Kristen nodded and gave him the one she was currently using, reaching to get another from her bag.

a couple minutes later, Kristen looked back to see George focusing on his essay paper.

"do you know exactly what this writing prompt is about?" she asked for help.

George picked his head up and placed the pen down, leaning in forward towards Kristen.

"it's wanting us to write about..."

George was almost invisible at first, Kristen remembering that he didn't speak much at all until she got him to have regular conversations with her.

he would tell her how he was on their high school's baseball team and she would tell him whatever interesting things happened in her life.

things got easier for them the day Kristen asked him for help. they spent the remainder of the year whispering, laughing, cheating off of each other.