Alex Bregman | 6 |

for nouisandniam

Alex Bregman and his sister, Chloe were inseparable, happy, and content to live within their own closed world as family.

they believed that having siblings was just as important as having loyalty. they also gave each other a sense of identity and a sense of belonging.

while together, the both of them would laugh, tell jokes, trade insults, and talk about sports and movies. they even shared their secrets and sins.

growing up, Alex was an avid baseball player and Chloe was his number one fan. even though they were eight years apart, Alex never rejected his sister. he always made time for her.

Alex believed that life without baseball was hard. but life without Chloe was harder.

he believed that the people with many siblings should be lucky to have close people they could count on. but he had one, and he felt that Chloe was the one who was the oldest, wisest, and in no doubt, the smartest.

there are no memories of Alex's early years that do not involve Chloe.

she was a part of every moment he enjoyed.

".618 batting average with fifteen homeruns," a sixteen-year-old Alex mumbled, watching his sister pack up the remainder of her clothes. "USA Baseball Player of the Year,"

"1,392. the number of facts in your head," an eight-year-old Chloe taped up her last box and pushed it to the side. "the number of miles from here to New Mexico,"

because of the travel baseball teams Alex was apart of, it required him to travel to New Mexico, ultimately re-settling his family there as well.

"do you hate me?" Alex asked quietly.

"huh?" Chloe turned her head back at her brother who stood in her doorway.

"because of the move?"

Chloe frowned. "no. Baseball Player of the Year and a International Baseball Federation champion? you better make it to a World Series," Chloe put a smile on.

"make it?" Alex scoffed. "I'll win it,"

Chloe remained by Alex's side throughout his entire high school career, even picking up and moving to Louisiana when Alex became an LSU Tiger.

when he was drafted by the Houston Astros, Chloe was thirteen years old at the time and prepared herself for another move where she would follow Alex to Texas.

having friends or maintaining a social life in middle school didn't matter enough to her. Alex was more important. and watching him eventually make it to the big leagues would be the most important thing to her.

"where's Chlo-Chlo?" Alex asked the day he had returned home, ready to catch up on stories with his sister who he hadn't seen in a long time it felt.

"what are you doing here?" their mother looked at him strangely. "it's your twenty-first birthday. shouldn't you be...out?"

Alex shrugged. "I told Chloe I was hanging out with her for my birthday. we were going to hit a movie and get something to eat. maybe go out the field and play some ball,"

for some reason, Alex had a feeling that his time with Chloe was limited. he was just trying to spend as much time with her before she hit her teenager stage and before he got busy being a major-leaguer.

"you ready?" Chloe came bouncing happily down the hall, into the family room where Alex was.

a large grin spread onto Alex's face. "let's go!"