José Altuve | 3 |

for Allison SweetSeager5

Allison had been in a relationship with her Astros all-star boyfriend, José Atuve for three years.

they met at a charity event he was hosting, went out for a couple of dates, and the rest afterwards was history.

José was a good boyfriend to Allison in all of their three years.

he always promised her that he would keep her safe for as long as they were together, and that he would love her unconditionally.

Allison always vowed to support him no matter what he did, how he played, or how he handled certain things. she also promised to love him twice as hard.

the main thing that kept them together for their short amount of time; loyalty.

they were devoted to each other and had plans of staying with each other for a long time, the two of them wanting to grow stronger just by themselves.

"it's gonna be just me and you, baby," José would always say. "the best is yet to come for you and I,"

however, that changed when Allison began to notice changes happening in her body.

she always felt the urge to vomit and the thought of certain foods made her sick.

some smells caused her to feel nauseous and she couldn't help but notice the increased size of her mid-section.

before Allison knew it, she was slowly putting pieces together.

her periods of fatigue and dizziness along with her missed menstrual cycles all went rushing back to her.

there was only one word. pregnant.

José was away on a road trip and wouldn't be home until later that day. that left Allison with plenty of time to find out if she actually was carrying his child.

"remove the purple cap, urinate on the white strip and place the cap back on," Allison read the instructions on the pregnancy test box.

"wait five minutes for your results..."

"if the test is positive, you will see the word "pregnant" with your estimated number of weeks,"

"if the test is negative, you will see the words "not pregnant,"

it seemed easy enough for Allison and she proceeded to remove her leggings and underwear, removing the caps off both pregnancy tests, peeing on them, and replacing the caps.

her stomach churned with nerves and she wanted nothing more than to go back in time and make José use protection.

they never spoke about kids. so Allison assumed that he never wanted to have any.

she flushed the toilet, set the tests on the sink, and ripped the box up before throwing it away while placing toilet paper over it.

Allison paced around the bathroom as she waited for her timer she set on her phone to go off.

before it could sound, her phone started ringing to let her see that José was facetiming her.

she sighed, accepting the call. "hey," she tried not to sound too anxious.

"hey, love," José smiled. "what are you doing?"

"uhh...just cleaning up the bathroom," she lied. "what are you and the guys doing?"

"we just got done packing. we're going to the airport now and catching the flight so I should be home at about...eleven tonight," he said.

Allison nodded. "I'll be waiting for you,"

José smiled excitedly at her and she instantly felt guilt washing over her as she thought about the secret she was hiding from him.

they never kept anything from each other.

after everything José had helped Allison through, everything he had done for her...and she was keeping this from him.

José noticed Allison's distant look because he looked strangely at her in the video call.

"are you alright? you seem distracted..." he asked with a concerned glance.

"yeah. I'm fine," Allison lied again. "I'm just waiting for you to come back home,"

"I'll see you later tonight, my princess,"

"love you," Allison spoke before she ended the call.

she turned her attention back to the tests that determined her fate. would she continue living a normal life or would she have to change it completely?

finally when the time came, she picked up the first test and gasped at her results.

"pregnant, 10-15 weeks,"

looking at her second test certainly didn't make things much better for her.

"pregnant, 10-15 weeks,"

Allison put her hand over her mouth and whimpered, "no, no, no,"

she thought of everything that came with being a mother and all the responsibilities that came along with it.

how was she going to tell José? he didn't even want to have kids, at least she thought.

Allison abandoned the pregnancy tests and went into her and José's bedroom, lifting her shirt to stare at her protruding belly.

what was José going to say?

soon enough, José was walking through their front door and Allison gulped once she heard, still not prepared for how to tell him.

when José saw her, he dropped his bags and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

"bed, baby," he led the both of them back to the bedroom.

his hands wondered up and down Allison's body, removing her leggings once again and placing her hair behind her head to have more access to her neck.

once he began to fiddle with her underwear, Allison stopped him.

"what's wrong?" he frowned.

"we need to talk," Allison whispered.

she told him to stay still and she went back into the bathroom to get the tests that were still on the sink.

she went back to the bedroom where José was standing confused, and held the pregnancy tests to him silently.

"what are these?" he asked shakily, taking them from her.

"pregnancy tests," Allison sniffled, looking at him.

José's face was a pure look of astonishment and he swallowed hard. it looked as if his world had crashed down.

"I uh...I don't know what to say and I think I'm going to pass out," he mumbled, collapsing onto the edge of the bed with the tests still in his hands.

Allison crawled over to him and sat next to him.

"José, I'm sorry. I didn't plan for this to happen, I promise," she began to explain, sobbing and hiding her face.

"hey, hey. don't cry, beautiful. I'm not angry with you. I'm just shocked," José promised. "how long have you known?"

"I was in the middle of taking them when you called me earlier," Allison admitted.

"why didn't you tell me then?"

Allison shrugged. "I didn't want to ruin anything. I didn't know how you'd react,"

"Allison! finding out I'm going to be a dad is one of the best things in the world. especially if you're the one having my kids," José wrapped an arm around her.

he sat for a moment longer, still looking at the tests while Allison watched him intently.

"we're having a baby," he muttered, smiling and giving Allison a kiss on her forehead.

"yeah, we are," she curled further more into him.